Trailer Trash

Spring is Nowhere in Sight - Mondailies (Read 35 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Waiting for my boys now, who have missed the school bus home AGAIN  (fourth time this school year), and nobody knows where they are. My guess is they got off their first bus, and instead of getting onto the holding bus to wait for their connection bus, they took advantage of the nice weather and decided to go for a walk to the park nearby. But I'll wait patiently and blame the bus company once more. The director of the transportation office is a fellow running club member, I'll make him pay me a beer after our next run! 

Sounds like your boys need a Smartphone ~ the one with a tacking device.  Hope all is well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Went to see yet another doc about the Achilles today ... long drive there and back. Took a video of me running and showed how I have a slight pronation issue on my right side (structural) that would explain why once I twisted the ankle it was hard on my Achilles. He was the first one not to say I should not start back running (slowly). He gave me a temporary orthotic and I could order a permanent one if it helped, but they are pricey and I have not had great luck with cycling orthotics, only custom shoes Smile

Hope to get a short run in this pm, but also need to deal with replacing my car, work and arranging my next visit to my mom.

QOTD: Smartphone. With my Garmin my bride can track me on rides and runs, and I can hopefully Facetime with my mom to see when she has issues such as with her stair lift that I can solve from here (worked yesterday).

muppy

Muppy: Wish I could figure out how to do pod cast! Well I never tried but...

Queen, it's not as hard as I thought it would be(or get some kid to set it up for you like I did). I have an iPhone and it automatically uploads new ones every week. All I have to do is press play!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I have an iPhone too but can't seem to figure out my apple id/password to add apps...I think my husband gave me a new ones when he set up the ipad.  When I get that straighten out I think I can figure it out.  One my to do list some day.

Muppy: Wish I could figure out how to do pod cast! Well I never tried but...

Queen, it's not as hard as I thought it would be(or get some kid to set it up for you like I did). I have an iPhone and it automatically uploads new ones every week. All I have to do is press play!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

just finished up a nice strength session at the gym

qotd: just ordered an iphone 6+, will be my first "smart" phone; the only reason I ordered it is to save weight- I'll be able to ditch my gps and camera when I'm hiking (or running), I can also load all the 1:24K topo maps I need via Gaia-kind of excited getting it, but I'm sure there will be some major growing pains before it all comes together 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Monday was a SRD for me and today I'm gonna run 5 or 6 after work. We're having great spring weather over here at the moment... sorry.

qotd: a have two iPhones that my company gave me, one is US based and the other is Korean based.  Although they don't really care, I adjust the cellular service accordingly to reduce the roaming fees based on where I am. When I have my phone in a WiFi spot I can even watch my TV in Texas from a Slingbox I have there.  I never carry a phone when I'm running, unless I'm in an unfamiliar city and need to make it back to my hotel in a certain time.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL