Trailer Trash

Can't Believe It's Already Mondaily (Read 19 times)

moonlightrunner

Here it is Monday...finally! I get to go to work...I'm so excited . Ok...maybe not so excited.

Last night I went out for what was supposed to be a few hiking miles...then I got lost. So it turned into a few more than expected. I have a poor sense of direction in daylight with visibility. I made it to a main road and then managed to figure out where I was on it. I have no idea how I ended up on the trail I was on. Moon was beautiful.

Not sure what I will run today. Too early.

QOTD: Do you like your job? I do not like my job AT ALL. Part of the problem is I would prefer to be retired, but I miss the mental stimulation I had in my last job.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

So it looks like you are Moonlostrunner now   Bonus miles are always good for training.

No run today it.s an SRD.

Happy Monday.

QOTD:  Love the patient care and interaction, but hate the govt. mandated paper work side and redundant paper / computer work.  I'm not there yet, but some docs are spending more time with patient's charts than with the patient.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hi guys! Been running just not posting for a few days.  So busy with basketball for the kids, Christmas stuff, yada, yada, yada...  I ran some good miles over the weekend including a nice run under the supermoon last night.  That was cool.

QOTD: I do like it.  I have recently applied for another position within my company.  No word yet on an interview but I had been approached about the position even before it was posted so I would be surprised if I didn't get to interview for it.  It would be a large increase in responsibility and likely a pay raise.  Not sure I want it though.  I like my current position - most days .

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I ran a quick 3 this morning. They weren't really "quick" in terms of speed, but it only took 30 minutes.

QOTD: I do like my new job a lot. I liked my old job, mostly. But I feel like I was stagnating there. Plus, after we moved, I didn't feel connected to the community anymore.

LB2

Sandy-2

Today is a SRD.  After work today I think I'll get my stuff together for my personal S/F station.  I'll be doing six 17 mile loops, which is not something I like, but the one advantage is I only have to make one big pile of 'stuff' I think I'll want during the run.  I don't have to worry about figuring out what to put in each drop bag to send ahead to different spots along the way.  One big S/F pile is much easier.

No moonlight around here last night, in fact it was pouring and we had a thunderstorm.  We even had two warnings last night; a tornado warning and a flash flood warning.  

qotd: Yeah I like what I do, been here for over 38 years so it would be pretty sad if I didn't.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

I have a feeling this entire week is going to be one of having good intentions for running or working out but actually not doing so. Mostly has to do with hunting. For some reason after I get in from the cold I have little desire to even get on the elliptical much less head out for a run.  Time will tell what happens.

AT - I love using a EHR. I find it much faster then paper and then it's legible as well. I think part of the problem with computer charting is that people tend to be drawn to the screens like moths to lights.  The one that we use sucks, but I've learned what I can just ignore and what I have to fill in and still have it pass the billing office.  Like everything it's just something that you have to learn the shortcuts.

QOTD: Hate it, love it, hate it, love it, hate it, love it, hate it, love it, hate it, love it, hate it, love it, hate it, love it,  Fighting with Baseball Bat animated emoticon.

Ok, Ok. we can compromise here. I love to hate it, or hate to love it, love to hate it, hate to love it Heated Argument animated emoticon.

Get the idea yet ?  I love taking care of the patients. Especially when there is a complex problem to think through. Even when the people aren't really nice to deal with I still like my job.  You just have to be one of those people that likes people even when you hate them, and that describes me so it's rare for the patients and even their families to make me hate my job.

What I hate is management.  For the most part they are idiots and morons and that's being polite.  The next thing I hate about it is the way my co-workers are getting.  Very few care about doing their job. They are there for the paycheck and to be considered heros. Once upon a time you could have a deep conversation about medicine and treating sick patients. That's a thing of the past. Most want to do as little as possible. Between the two it causes me enough stress that I'm sure it's shortening my life.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning...gym at lunch.  Yesterday decided not to rack pine needles around the house.  Glad I didn't since the wind was blowing this am and everything is covered in needles again.

QOTD:  I use to love my job but after 28 years I am ready to leave.  It's pretty boring right now.  No papers signed but my new retirement date is March 31.  Was going to do it end of this month but a recently retired friend mentioned it's the holiday season,as in lots of county holidays, and I should still work.  She also said I should use up all my vacation time instead of cashing it out, this way I still earn vacation and the county still pays for my health insurance.  After a few months of doing nothing I will probably get a p-time job to at least cover what health insurance will cost.

Moonlight:  Glad you found your way out...pretty sure you live in cold country.  Wouldn't want you sleeping out there.  Brrrhh

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I love using a EHR. I find it much faster then paper and then it's legible as well. I think part of the problem with computer charting is that people tend to be drawn to the screens like moths to lights.  The one that we use sucks, but I've learned what I can just ignore and what I have to fill in and still have it pass the billing office.  Like everything it's just something that you have to learn the shortcuts.

Can't comment on your use, but the problem with doctors and hospital EHR is that the govt (Medicare)  and insurance companies demand more info on every visit and we have to track so much information that is not pertinent on a daily basis per the patient's presenting complaint. This fluffs up the daily visit notes and makes finding pertinent information difficult and time consuming.

I've used EHR for 6-7 years, and my time spent documenting has increased, so it's not a learning curve. My chart notes that were acceptable 10 years ago would not be acceptable today, and it's not the doctors who wanted to add more information, it's the payer's (and lawyers).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 4.5 miles in yesterday with DW and Tiny E, fresh snow on the mountain with another 4-5” added this morning

if DD wants to go this evening, will get 3-4 ish in, if not I’ll head to the gym to strength train- it’s been a week since I was there

qotd: I don’t hate it, but I don’t really like it either- indifferent I guess. I’m ready for full retirement, just have two years to go

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Managed to sneak out to the trails at lunch, so 5 miles for me and the Lady on the more rugged side of the lake. Surprised to see 2 horsey back folk midweek, but there they were, along with a surprising number of startled blue jays later on during the run.

QOTD: Most days yes, some days no. I am like a middleman (IT hospital integration) and get blamed for everything sometimes!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Can't comment on your use, but the problem with doctors and hospital EHR is that the govt (Medicare)  and insurance companies demand more info on every visit and we have to track so much information that is not pertinent on a daily basis per the patient's presenting complaint. This fluffs up the daily visit notes and makes finding pertinent information difficult and time consuming.

I've used EHR for 6-7 years, and my time spent documenting has increased, so it's not a learning curve. My chart notes that were acceptable 10 years ago would not be acceptable today, and it's not the doctors who wanted to add more information, it's the payer's (and lawyers).

So I guess I am somewhat to blame for this - in a round about way.  I work for one of these types of insurance companies but on the behavioral health side.  I am one of the guys to come in and tell providers they need more in their records.  Although truly the conversation I have is about making their documentation more efficient not about unnecessarily adding to it.  But the message that some providers hear is all about adding more to their documentation.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

So I guess I am somewhat to blame for this - in a round about way.  I work for one of these types of insurance companies but on the behavioral health side.  I am one of the guys to come in and tell providers they need more in their records.  Although truly the conversation I have is about making their documentation more efficient not about unnecessarily adding to it.  But the message that some providers hear is all about adding more to their documentation.

Yes, It's all your fault.