Trailer Trash

Wintry Wednesdailies (Read 47 times)

ultratom80

Ran twice yesterday, 6 in the morning and 9 at night. Prolly going to do some core training and yoga tonight.

Snowdenrun

Trying to draw out more lurkers? Okay, I'll bite.

Yesterday I ran about 9 miles. I felt like I was really running strong the entire time. I work a late shift so I normally get to run in the mid to late mornings.

QOTD- I try to run a portion of every run on a trail. I am fortunate enough to have a trail within .3 miles of my house. A lot of my runs are a mix of road and trail but I get as much trail time in as possible. A lot of the trails around me are pretty gnarly and very steep so I am working on building my endurance to run those trails.

Uh oh... now what?

Trying to draw out more lurkers? Okay, I'll bite.

QOTD- I try to run a portion of every run on a trail. I am fortunate enough to have a trail within .3 miles of my house. A lot of my runs are a mix of road and trail but I get as much trail time in as possible. A lot of the trails around me are pretty gnarly and very steep so I am working on building my endurance to run those trails.

Where you is?  Not a street address, just a state, general area sort of thing.

Watoni

Yes, winter (or what passes for winter here in Norcal) is back ... snow in Tahoe, rain/wind here.

I am hoping to try out my new rain jacket and get 10 miles of muddy trails in later.

QOTD: Almost 100% trails. I did end up running alongside a road for about a mile to connect trails and sometimes cross streets when running on the multiuse dirt paths, but 99% of my running is in three different parks that I can get into within a mile from home (and I can run a horse path to most of them other than for a few hundred yards);

Huddart Park:

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/Attachments/parks/Files/Park%20Maps%20in%20PDF/Huddart%20Park%20Map.pdf

Wunderlich Park:

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/Attachments/parks/Files/Park%20Maps%20in%20PDF/Wunderlich%20Park%20Map.pdf

Phleger Estate:

http://www.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/upload/map-phes.pdf

BTW, you can connect the dots a bit as I did here, but then I ran a bit more suburban to stop by a friend's house:

http://app.strava.com/activities/42885594

Snowdenrun

Where you is?  Not a street address, just a state, general area sort of thing.

Openly stocking? ..Big grin I'm in Sitka AK. So ocean, and then dense, steep mountains.

Daydreamer1

I had a biology class this morning, but class was delayed and afterwards I met with the Prof, so I got home late. On top of all that I'm feeling tired and run down. Think I'll take a nap instead of going for a run.

QOTD: At this time of the year I get to do very little actual trail running. Most of that is due to me being new to trail running and not really being prepared to run in the snow. Hopefully next year will be different. Right now only about 10% of my runing is on actual trails, however, I do run a lot on state forest and dirt roads. When the snow is gone over 50% of my miles should be on the trails.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got my run with buddy in, it was fun, although almost all of it was on a sheet of pure ice.

On Saturday, there's going to be another Tussey Teaser "race" on that course - I am not sure how many people will actually run it (you need screw shoes, Yaktrax, Microspikes, or such, otherwise don't even attempt to go up that mountain!).

It felt cold, the wind was an icy blast, and I seriously doubted the temperatures were anything close to the 39F on the thermometer. Now, where's that groundhog hiding?? Evil

Watoni: Glad that you get to test your new gear, but honestly, I am glad the "test" weather is not in my area!

QOTD: I checked the records, and the last few months were about 50% trails, 30% dirt and logging roads, and 20% pavement. However, this ratio changes when I train for specific races, before my dirt-road 50-miler, it was almost 100% dirt roads, and before the trail-50k and 50-miler, it was 100% trails.

Run for fun.

Irish Luck

We areforecasts are experiencing 40-50 mph winds right now and no snow [yet, we'll see...], but I'll be headed to the gym tonight.

Mandy...hope you enjoyed the City of Brotherly Love! Did you visit for work or fun? I work in Phila, so I could've shared some tips. Next time...

QOTD: in the winter, it's 25-35% trails, as I get adequate use of my gym membership during the week and do back-to-back trails on Sat/Sun. Come the longer days, it's more like 70-80% trails.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Uh oh... now what?

Openly stocking? ..Big grin I'm in Sitka AK. So ocean, and then dense, steep mountains.

Aha... normally, AKTrail is the only one west of me.  I am on Whidbey Island, Puget Sound of Washington area.  Thank you.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy...hope you enjoyed the City of Brotherly Love! Did you visit for work or fun? I work in Phila, so I could've shared some tips. Next time...

Visiting a friend.  Smile   I will be back out again at some point.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Nice to see our forum czar back... and actually running. Cool. We'll have to talk. Smile

Not very often do you have warmer temps follow a snowstorm but that's what's happening now. Good. A little sloppy but I have hope. Did another slow and easy 7 miles this afternoon and am now home eating cookies. May have to run another 7 if I don't stop eating soon.

Welcome to the lurkers that have been exposed. Most of the time we are a pretty respectful group. Glad you're here.

QOTD-- Most years I would be running trails all thru the winter but I just thought with my continued recovery I should do most of my winter miles  without the rutted up and frozen chunky snow but normally year round I would say about  85-90% on trails. The old me would be close to 50miles a week with one fast paced 6.2 miler  a week on the roads. Trails for everything else year round.  The new me will be around 35miles per week with a semi-fast paced 6.2 miler per week. Even my intervals are done on measured trails.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

what was supposed to be an easy 3.5 miles, was made much less easy w/ relatively deep snow

qotd: I don't run on roads as it tends to hurt my knees and give me shin splints, so it's 100% trails for me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Very late to the game tonight.  Crazy day at work.  4 miles this morning in blowing snow but in the end we got little accumulation.

Great to see some new people.  Welcome.  Keep posting, keep running, keep sharing, etc.

QOTD: In terms of mileage/time, I think maybe 50/50 or 60/40 trails to pavement (or other).  I wish I could do more trail but time is limited so I do what I can.

Hope you had a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Watoni

Got in almost seven on some great technical trails. Did not find the connector I was looking for, but next time!

http://app.strava.com/activities/43448811#

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Almost 13 miles last night, 10:35 pace. I'm spreading my miles more evenly this week, since I've had 6 25+ mile runs since January and two in the last two weeks. My legs are feeling heavy and I'm definitely a bit slow right now. I'm looking forward to a shorter week next week so I can recover a some.

QOTD: Not nearly enough, especially during the school year. We travel some in the summer, so it's much easier to hit the trails then. I'd guess that every other weekend I get a long run on trails right now, with a midweek run thrown in once the days get longer.