Trailer Trash

It's Saturday! (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Hi all, Hope everyone is out there on the trails.  Got in 7 with the running group this am, with most of those miles on trails.  2 of the 3 leaders (including me) prefer trails, so we're working them in to convert the road folks.  Though, a couple of them mentioned how muddy the trails were!  (they weren't, not really).  Lots of hills and my legs are fried.  Ended up not running yesterday, but getting some interval strength work done.

qotd:  Any signs of spring where you are?  The tree buds are starting to swell, and I have one blooming daffodil in my yard.  And the flood plains along the creek are flooded so I expect to see skunk cabbage emerging soon.  And I heard a pileated woodpecker this am.  Yes, spring will be here soon!

Daydreamer1

Bruised a toe on my last run and have a nagging tightness in my left calf. I was going to go up on the mountain for some hard trail running but may just take it easy around the house on the roads and head up tomorrow. Probably only going to get in 6-8 miles depending on how I feel once I'm out there.

QOTD: Colder than average around here today, but it's supposed to warm up for next week.  Not a lot of changes just yet but I expect within the next week some of the early stuff will start to bloom.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 3 easy trail miles today with DW. Now time for some yard work and picking up branches.

QOTD:  Nothing yet as far as blooming, but we saw 2 cardinals in the back yard.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

Oskar Blues 4 mile race  32 min 3rd AG. Fun race. A free beer. Great hamburges. They raise their own beef.

qotd lots of birds no blooms yet.

Gator eye

12 this morning in light snow, pretty morning run in new snow with.... Oh screw it I'm tired of trying to make running in snow sound enjoyable, it sucked. Can't wait for warm weather. QOTD; no

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a little over 16 on Helena Ridge, felt pretty good most of the way- mid 50's today- about 20 degrees above normal

qotd: almost all of our low to mid elevation snow is gone, unusual for this time of year- we've been 10-20 degrees above normal for the last three weeks- El Nino influence evidently

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Saturday sort of vanished for me. I got back Saturday afternoon and then tried to stay up as long as I could before clonking out for 14 hours of sleep.  I did manage to snap a photo while driving home from the airport...  traffic and trails.  Most of the trails I run on are in the mountains surrounding Busan, like that one ahead. Quite a contrast to mt's nice photos!!!

Today when I got up I did an easy 'jet lag' run of 5 miles.

Qotd: yes there are some budding trees. There were lots of daffodils in the London parks last week.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL