Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

No catchy title today. Mind is blank.

Run at lunch on the road. Supposed to be raining by then.  Won't run near the Battlefield for a while since "Tourons" are all in town. The 155th anniversary of the Gettysburg battle is July 1-3.  Every 5 years we get big crowds in town, and this year looks like the same.  Then we get Bike Week. 

Sue - are you still retiring this Friday?

Marie hasn't posted in a while, so hope she is doing well and was able to get to see her father.

QOTD:  A new think is creating an Anti-Bucket list. Things you would NEVER do again. What's on your list?  I'd never run a road marathon again. It's been 13 years since my last one, and can't imagine running another one.   Also never eat brussel sprouts again. They make me gag.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - I'm with you in avoiding the crowds at Gettysburg.  There's a small Civil War reenactment up near our cabin every year but we keep missing it - this year due to thunderstorms.  Hopefully next year though.  It's too small to attract mobs of people, which is nice.

I hope Marie is fine as well.

6 easy tonight.  I'm a little tired of rubbing Ivy-X all over myself and still trying to dodge the stuff and then get ripped up by thorn branches, so I'll plan on some pavement pounding tonight.  Last run before Saturday's race.

QOTD:  Never been on a cruise ship.  Never plan to either.  I think I'd go insane.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short run last night.  Should have run longer.  Was gorgeous out with an almost full moon.  My sciatic nerve is really acting up today.  Doesn't hurt when I run but hurts most of the time all other times.  It's literally a pain in the a$$.

Agree on Marie - hope and pray everything is ok.

QOTD: On my anti-bucket list??? Hmmm....that might take some thought.  maybe I will post later.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran yesterday for 5 miles.  I hate that running is no longer effortless for me.  It's very frustrating.

QOTD: So these have to be things I've done before?  Let's see...  Long relay race.  (Like Ragnar.)  Surfing - just not my thing.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I ran yesterday for 5 miles.  I hate that running is no longer effortless for me.  It's very frustrating.

QOTD: So these have to be things I've done before?  Let's see...  Long relay race.  (Like Ragnar.)  Surfing - just not my thing.

Definitely a Love-Hate type of race. Never done one, and not sure I'd like it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

gorgeous evening yesterday, got 4.5 miles in with Tiny E

probably hit the gym this evening

qotd: I’ve never been on a cruise ship and never will, I’ve never run a road race and never will; things I’ve done: I shot a really nice black bear about 30 years ago, but one is enough- didn’t eat that well and I’m not going to shoot one any larger

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Just back from a short dog walk with the missus and dogs around the block. Good timing as it started to rain just after we got back. Plan is for 5-7 miles this evening on a TTBD.

QOTD: Never go to an all inclusive hotel again. We went once in the Bahamas many years ago. Awful experience.

AT - I am probably with you on the road marathon but mostly as my pride could not stomach a PW and 4+ hour experience, plus that whole road bit.

Berto - What? You don't want to run laps on the promenade deck or better yet on a 120m track on top of the ship? Been on a few of them, mostly with family arranged trips. My parents like them. We did have a pretty good time on the SS-Norway. Sort of cool experience actually, that old ship. But yeah, they are cattle calls and have no interest in doing it again.

Mandy - I've done RTB relay a few times in the past. I had fun, but I think it's as exhausting as running an ultra.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We ran 6 with the group today.  Funny on my 3.5 run the other day Jack was dragging ass about 20 yards behind me.  Today with the group he stayed up with us.  Guessing dogs, like humans, don't want to look bad and can gut it out when running with the group. 

QOTD:  I'd never get married again...yes I am still married but if something would happen that I wasn't I wouldn't do it again.  Boyfriend(or two )  sure but he needs to stay at his own house.

AT:  Wouldn't do another road marathon either... ummm no I am not...my newest date is 07/20....but called on some insurance and now thinking maybe I will stay until the house sells so we have insurance...and ummm yes the house is still not up for sale but....

Berto:  It's a never do again...not just never never...so still waiting on an answer

Mandy:  Ragner...also another thing I would not do..

XT:  How's the Lady doing?  My Dad wants to go to Alaska...I know Mom will want to tag along and she isn't in much shape at all.  Was thinking maybe a cruise would be the way to do it.  Pretty sure even they will poopoo a cruise even though they have never been on one.  Probably to cliché for my Mom.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Wouldn't do another road marathon either... ummm no I am not...my newest date is 07/20....but called on some insurance and now thinking maybe I will stay until the house sells so we have insurance...and ummm yes the house is still not up for sale but....

Oops, sorry I asked.  Health insurance is the biggest hurdle to early retirement.  Should not be that way.

XtremeTaper

XT:  How's the Lady doing?  

Hey Queenie... the Lady is fine. Her vertigo lasted all of about 1-2 hours, but it was super scary. I thought we were going to lose her and completely freaked out. I have her on running hiatus to be safe, but probably will get her out next week if our forecasted heat spell breaks. For now just walks. She is not too happy about that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Could have called it sWindled Wednesdaily . Went to Big Lots last evening to get a tile top patio table. I decided I wanted one with Tile instead of steel. Brought it home and went to put it together this morning. What should have been a 1/2 hour job turned into 2 1/2 hours.  No instructions (no problem it's so simple a caveman could do it) but there was no hardware . Called the store manager to complain and he was a idiot.  Ran to the hardware store and got what I needed but just took too much time.

Might go for a short run when the rain moves through. Probably 5-6 miles.

QOTD: Put me in the never get married again camp. Happily married now but if DW dies before me I just don't see that I would ever find someone who would put up with me  and me with them.

Bus trips. I've been on some day long ones and if I can avoid them I will.  I'm a human with an imagination, not a head of cattle to be herded around. The one bus trip that I would do would be the trip back into Denali National park. There you can hop on and off at will, go for a short hike if you want and flag the next bus down. They are more like shuttle buses.

I've always said I'd never do a cruise, but under the right circumstances I might. There are Alaskan cruises that go on very small boats of about 200 passengers. Their focus is to be very active and the one I looked at didn't have any of the normal cruise ship crap and stayed away from the normal destinations.

LB2

I ran 2 this morning. We just got back yesterday from our road trip to Colorado. We already had our vacation for the year last month, but since the plane caught on fire when my daughter was coming down two weeks ago, we decided to drive out there for a long weekend. We had a blast. We hiked up a mountain, and then I ran down, which was fast and fun. Then, on Sunday, we went whitewater rafting. We left Monday morning, and it was 44 degrees. We drove straight back through to a low of 80 on Tuesday morning. That was a long drive, 22 hours out and about 20ish on the way back.

QOTD: I don't know. I rarely say never because things change.

LB2

moonlightrunner

I ran 4 tonight. It was not a great run...my exercise induced asthma was bothering me...first time in a very long time.

Qotd: I would never run a road race again. I definately will not get married again. If it were possible...I'd never go to work again.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally, today's run/hike didn't take me up 300-500m vertical gain.

Qotd: I'll never run a race with 5000 or more runners and probably not one with over 1000 runners. There are a number of things, like Carribbean vaacation, that I have no intention of doing but could be persuaded given the right circumstances.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GC100k

I'd never run a road marathon again. It's been 13 years since my last one, and can't imagine running another one.   Also never eat brussel sprouts again. They make me gag.

I'd kinda like to take another shot at a road marathon. Something different. And I've enjoyed the road marathons I've done. But I've never done a really big one.