Trailer Trash

Fridaily Celebration (Read 21 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3.7 miles through the hood.

There was a bad accident on one of the main intersections, two cars totally destroyed, a third damaged, and a helicopter landing on the lawn of the nearby park. Reminded me once again how fast things can change.

moonlight: wonderful, I could imagine and almost feel the woods. Spring in our area is now (after 2 weeks) turning into lush tropical jungle, thanks to all the rain.

wc: I think you can try if you feel up to it. Start out slowly to warm up, then go as you like. Probably a good training run.

LB2: Happy Birthday to your daughter, enjoy the party.

traildc: Great Falls must be pretty spectacular, I miss running there, always liked it.

warden: Is this a dwarf (mountain) pine in the picture? Looks like the small, incredibly tough, very elastic trees growing in the Alps at higher elevation.

QOTD: Not too many tourists, mostly parents of the students. The size of the town triples or quadruples on football weekends. Then it's too many. The students are tourist-like in August and September, but then blend in pretty well. Meaning, they blend in with the student population, which is more than 1/2 of the town. "Normal" people are not seen very much around here.

Small town, big college, huge football. It's a curse. 

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Marie- just a young Ponderosa Pine; up high we do get some very small, often twisted and distorted pines- usually Whitebark Pine- which is also provides an important food for grizzlies (the pine nut)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Drove up to VF to run Mt Joy. After two miles my legs were done. There's another trail event at Coventry Woods in three weeks that offers 5K, 10K, 3-hours, and 6-hours. We'll see how it goes then.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Thanks for starting us off with a beautiful meditation on the great outdoors, Moonlight!

SRD today but took my DH for a nice walk along the coast.    Planning on around 10 tomorrow.

QOTD: lots of tourists here on the coast during holidays and summer.  We’re btw San Francisco and Santa Cruz, right on Hwy 1, it’s a nice place to visit.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR