Trailer Trash

Land of the rising Sundaily (Read 26 times)

Sandy-2

Greetings from Japan.  Got a great night's sleep on Saturday night, totally jet-lagged, but then woke up nice and early and did a 20 miler this morning.  I stayed in Yokohama and did the same 20 miler that I did about 6 months ago.  I feel like I'm back, no abdomen or calf issues at all.  I need to keep piling on the miles these next 2 weeks or so.

Funny thing, attached to my hotel is a mall, one thing I found interesting....

Notice anything unusual?

No not the yellow bouncy giraffe thing....wait, what's that UTMF thing?

Is that a mall window display devoted to an Ultra?  The Ultra Trail du Mt. Fuji.  And one that's on my "to do" list?  Cool.

Those 4 huge UTMF letters caught my eye instantly, I knew marathon running is huge over here, so I guess ultra running isn't too far behind.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile early morning trail run. It was a very spring like morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Plan on 5ish trail miles then, will be the first time I've been on actual dirt (not snow/ice covered)  in a few months!

Sandy glad your feeling better!

Birdwell

SRD for me.

Lot's of sitting around doing nothing planned.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We are going on a baby hike.  The goal is to reach the river and soak up the sun and some beers.

It's a sign Sandy...(I mean a sign that you should sign up; but also a you know sign.)

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, At work since 5, but luckily, the end is near. Planning on some sunshine miles on dirt! Sandy: looks good, when are you going to sign up?

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I met up with a few runners this morning and previewed the course

of the first annual Cape Cod Trail Race, I'm doing the marathon. Nice

course, and it was really nice to be back on dirt single-track. I only

did a 6.2 mile loop, but I did it with the faster group and it was a great

recovery from yesterdays 20.

Cool pics, Sandy.

AT-runner

Tim

Little over 20 miles on mostly trails.  Mud was iced over at the start but thawed out and it became a slogfest.  My time per mile went up almost 2 minutes with similar terrain due to the slipping and sliding conditions.  I either saw 30 ATV riders or the same 5 guys 6 times.  They really beat up the trail for what was my last 2.5 miles.  2 guys stopped to talk at one point and asked how far I was running.  When I told them one guy (a 280 ish pounder) said "why".  I said "so I can drink some beer later".  He said "same with us".   To each his own.

Sandy - agree, definitely a sign.  Time to enter.

jonferg -  (from yesterday) I have a 24hr race in 2 months.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

Like Muppy I was on dirt trails for the first time in a while...felt great.  I did my favorite 9 mile loop and despite the mud, it appears I set a new PR (really wasn't trying for it).  It felt effortless without the microspikes on...I'm taking it as a good sign of things to come this year!

All you Sandy!

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

Got out for 9 somewhat hilly miles on dirt roads today. It went a little better then the past two weeks. Seems I never run strong in the early spring.

muppy

Jonferg, answer to yesterday's question, I'm planning on doing the Dirty German 50K in May. (If I stay healthy)