Trailer Trash

Post Farm Show Saturday (Read 26 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Went to the Farm Show last night and unless Dd1 is an overweight female 40 yo paramedic, I didn't see him (he wasn't there, but I didn't see his post until after we got home).  Ate too much junk and had the required milkshake.  So today had to go for a long run to burn those calories. DW and I did an out and back ridge run on a logging road. We were exposed to the wind most of the time and had strong gusts on the way back. I picked up the tempo for the last 3 miles and felt pretty good. I need to do that more often since I've been running too many easy long miles.

QOTD:  Any local traditional events (fairs. carnivals, festivals, etc.) in your area?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Very good title AT. At least your farm show experience left you with the energy to go for a run, mine didn't.  I started working on Monday at 8 am and got off this morning at 8 am. That's a 120 hour stretch and I worked 83 of them , with the majority being at the farm show. Don't know if I have the energy to run today or not . At this time I'm probably just going to put in some time on the trainer and elliptical.   And no I'm not a 40 y/o overweight female. I'm a 50 y/o slightly overweight male , that still manages to look thin next to most of my co-workers. lol.

QOTD: Richfield Dutch Days and McClure bean soup festival are two that I can think of that are very close to home. Since I've never been to either of them I can't really give any details.

Gator eye

Broke out the treking poles this morning, the roads are covered in a hard sheet of slippery ice. I only fell once in 11 miles so I didn't do to bad.

QOTD. The fish sandwich festival and cheeseburger festival are the local ones that come to mind.

muppy

Got in 4slow  miles last night.

QOTD We always go to the fair at the local Catholic Church for the poker type  games.

AT-runner

Tim

And no I'm not a 40 y/o overweight female. I'm a 50 y/o slightly overweight male , that still manages to look thin next to most of my co-workers. lol.

Sorry I missed you. It was crowded but fun. When the Rodeo started in the Main Arena, it thinned out a bit.

The food lines were comical. Here is an actual conversation:

"Are you in line waiting for the potato donuts?"

"No, I think I'm in the fried cheese line."

"No, that's over there to the right of the milkshake line."

"Oh well, I've been here for 10 minutes so looks like I'll get a donut."

I could have filmed a documentary about Americanna Eating Habits.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Weather says it's going to stop raining in ten minutes so I guess it's time to step out...just running the usually morning run so probably about five.

qOTD:  The fair is the big thing here...the major line is for the Sister Jobes corn dogs...the line is looooonnnnnggg.  If you ask me the mustard is what makes it good; others just a big greasy dough with a disgusting hot dog in the middle.  Just watched Forks Over Knives documentary about the health benefits of a plant based diet. It is interesting how resistant the healthcare is to advocating healthy eating versus pills.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 miles on the trails. Black Ice on all the wooden bridges.

qotd  Apple Festival over 200000 people.  8k they have been running for 40 years.

AT-runner

Tim

It is interesting how resistant the healthcare is to advocating healthy eating versus pills.

"Big Pharmacy" controls modern healthcare.  They donate heavily to both sides of the aisle and you can't go one commercial break without some medication commercial. So when you tell patients to exercise, eat right  and loses weight. they ask about some medication they saw on TV instead. And you are right, Sue, too many physicians give in and write a prescription instead of giving education.

bagge_pants

Howdy all, 40 min after work on dirt road.

QOTD: Where I grew up we had Mary Star of the Sea Fiesta at a Catholic church, Fisherman's Fiesta, and a Lobster Festival at Ports O' Call in San Pedro, Ca. There is now a cool downhill skateboarding festival in it's 4th year called San Pedro Shred. Up, here I went to Common Grounds Fair in Maine last year which was a very intriguing alternative living country/farm fair. They had draft horse demos, arboring, tiny homes, etc.