Trailer Trash

Did you know? (Read 43 times)

Birdwell

That UltraRunning (the magazine) publishes the names and finish times of ultramarathons?!?!?!

I didn't!

I picked up the may/june issue at the LRS and was perusing through it and lo and behold, there's the results for the Moab Red Hot, with my name!

My 6 year old thinks it's sooooo cool that dad is in a magazine.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Now that you mention it, I remember having heard about it before (on the forum?). But I have never picked up an issue with my results in it. Oh well.

But I was featured in a magazine once, my whole family, actually, with pictures, in a German family ("Parents") magazine. Does that count?

Run for fun.

Uh oh... now what?

I am deeply hurt that neither of you subscribe... sigh.

That UltraRunning (the magazine) publishes the names and finish times of ultramarathons?!?!?!

I didn't!

I picked up the may/june issue at the LRS and was perusing through it and lo and behold, there's the results for the Moab Red Hot, with my name!

My 6 year old thinks it's sooooo cool that dad is in a magazine.

-- My guess is they do this in order to attract yearly subscribers.  For instance, if a race has 200 participants and all 200 folks know their name will be put in print, some of them may decide to subscribe to the magazine to see their name in print.  Same for all the various ultras.

--- Say, do they publish the results of 12 and 24 hour races in there?  If so, I may have to subscribe myself.  I mean I am not interested in seeing my name in print.  But... If I could show it to my kids, might be more inspiration for them to run more because they do like to see their name in print....

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Did you know that our very own John M writes the column on the last page? We have a celebrity amongst us.

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

This is only my opinion and in no way, shape, or form represents UltraRunning.

They print the results for every race that the RD submits results, i.e., if the RD

at a 12-hour or 24-hour race submits the results, they will be published.  There

are deadlines and stuff that makes some published results lag a bit.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did you know that our very own John M writes the column on the last page? We have a celebrity amongst us.

Did not know that....use to get the magazine.  Maybe I will start it back up.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Did not know that....use to get the magazine.  Maybe I will start it back up.

Best part of the magazine.  (You know, besides when my name used to appear.)

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

That was the reason I bought it in the first place. The run gently out there column was great.

My name in print was simply an added bonus.

John, I am subscribing soon (as in the next 24 hours).  It is a fantastic resource!

Uh oh... now what?

See if this will work... what the article was about:

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's just nice to see they use real pictures for the cover instead of faux pictures (that seem to be the same but with different backgrounds each month) like some other magazines we know.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

UR is the only running magazine I subscribe to anymore. I actually use it to learn about races that I may want to run in the future. I love that they publish the race results because I think that's a strategic part of studying and planning for races. You can learn a lot about the race by reviewing the field and the top finishing times.

Uh oh... now what?

It's just nice to see they use real pictures for the cover instead of faux pictures (that seem to be the same but with different backgrounds each month) like some other magazines we know.

How 'bout this one...

I am a terrible photographer.  I love memory chips.  The day after I ran this loop I walked it with camera--a hundred or so images.