Trailer Trash

Meticulous Mondaily (Read 27 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Worked early, so I can enjoy the wonderful weather now.

I feel fine again, just a cough but no more pain in my chest, so I think I'm good to go. Taking it easy on a short jaunt, though (at least, that's the plan).

Nice adventure, Jamie. Congratulations on finishing!

Gator: BTDT, a few times. Now I write the RR in notes or some other program, save it often, and then just copy and paste it. Has saved me a few times already.

QOTD: Usually rather meticulous to the point of OCD. That said, I can wing things if necessary. I like planning out details, but can adjust if things change, and I always keep in focus the big picture or goal. And I do like spontaneity, which includes, of course, some winging. But my nature is more meticulous than winging it.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run yet but hoping for at least 5 after work.  We had a cool storm this weekend..thunder lightning but very little rain.  Pretty mellow weekend got some chores done and went for a long run on Sunday...ok my long run was 6.4 miles.    Upper body at the gym today..

QOTD:  I like to plan things out but ok if they fail.  So meticulous doesn't really describe me.  Our vacations are usually to places where we are far from civilization so if I forget something I can't just go buy it.  So meals and cooking tools really need to be thought out.

Jaime:  I thought you didn't have any races planned...31 miles!!!  I better step it up.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Maybe a hike or a short ride as recovery today. Still need to work out my shoe issues -- 11 rolling miles Saturday was soured again by blisters. I got the orthotics that were causing the blisters back again but my sense is they will still cause issues so I am looking for alternative shoe/insole options until the blister heals. Still a great run, and Sunday's cycling was great, although hitting a dirt climb and descending a fairly technical road with a broken spoke on the rear wheel was a challenge. Still got a good Strava time on the dirt Smile

QOTD: I normally have a plan in mind -- the amount of detail depends on how much I know about the course and how dialed in I am. I can plan double centuries pretty well and have a plan for 50ks if I am healthy. Now I am considering a 30k or 50k in 2 weeks and my plan is to hobble to the finish.

AT-runner

Tim

I had a nice little 31 mile jaunt around a lake yesterday.  I was contemplating not writing a RR because it did not go as planned but I think you all will stone me if I don't.  So maybe I will give it some time to sink in and write up some thoughts.

Our Superman

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I did end up on the single track last night.  First time on the dirt and steep climbs since Japan. Felt great.  Taking a SRD today though since I have lots of other stuff to do.

qotd: I'm a pretty meticulous planner, but also don't sweat it if things change.....  I guess part of the meticulous planning includes contingencies.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd:   I guess part of the meticulous planning includes contingencies.

indeed!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √