Trailer Trash

S&S Thursdaily (Read 15 times)

Daydreamer1

That's for Sun and Snow.  Should have looked in the thesaurus for a word for wind that starts with "S" then it could have been the triple S Thursdaily.   But anyhoo, that's what we have around here. About 3 inches of fluffy white stuff, plenty of sun with a stiff breeze that just isn't quite enough to blow the driveway clean and too cold to melt it . Guess I'll have to shovel.

Depending on the wind I'll try to go out for a run.  If so at least 5 miles. If I stay inside it will be an elliptical session with a fast walk on the junky treadmill.

QOTD:  What is your home pipeline project looking like? Any property repairs, new vehicle or equipment purchases etc,  you need to plan for on the horizon?

I'm feeling tired just typing that. Currently have the Saturn up on jack stands repairing rust.  After that the SUV needs some airbags put in the suspension to help when pulling the trailer.  Right now the BMW is behaving and the Subaru is too new to need anything and is still under warranty.  Then I have the garage that needs fully insulated and is going to get a decent heater. I need to determine if the pickup gets junked or if I try to finish the restoration project.  Also should start planning for the new kitchen and bath.  On top of that I've decided to not cut the timber in my wood plot but to trim out the mid level junk and work with the existing seedlings/saplings to get better growth along with replanting where I lost the ash trees. That will be a multi year project involving a lot of chainsaw work and digging.  I think I need to retire so I have enough time to get everything done.  Of course that means no money for the projects but maybe I can get some sympathy with a gofundme page .

XtremeTaper

Played gym rat last night, doing an hour of cardio split between the bike to nowhere and arc trainer. I did work up a good sweat at least.

We had about an inch or two of snow here overnight. Nothing too much, but I shoveled it anyway as my north facing driveway only gets sun later in the day, and right by the house it doesn't get much at all. Might try to sneak out for a run late this afternoon on the trails with the Lady. Just something short.

Knee drain and Synvisc injection scheduled for tomorrow. So no running after that until close to the New Year.

QOTD: Not much happening in the house here in terms of projects. Springtime comes the mulching and planting of bulbs outdoors but that's a long ways off. Indoors, I should repaint the master bath over winter and re-caulk the bottom of the shower. Nothing major, though I hate painting.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Windy run today We had maybe 2" of the white stuff. Ski lopes ope tomorrow.

QOTD:  Just finishing up an apartment. Tile in the bathroom and kitchen cabinets yet to do.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3.5 wintery trail miles with Tiny E yesterday evening ~4” of new snow and temps in the mid 20s- feels and looks like winter

qotd: I was thinking about getting a new rifle- does that count as a house project   lucky in that regard, our house was built in 2012, so not much for projects- that wasn’t an accident

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

qotd: I was thinking about getting a new rifle- does that count as a house project  

That falls under new vehicle or equipment purchases .  And that's one of those that takes a lot of thought, analysis and shopping.  Gotta make sure it fits perfectly. What are you thinking of getting?

runtraildc

Yoga at lunch and heading out soon to join the holiday lights runners. There are drinks and a raffle afterwards. Fingers crossed for a prize (but not a road marathon entry).

qotd: Ugh. We have to replace our AC system. Have some quotes but am now waiting until after the holidays. We also need to do some insulation work sometime, but wondering if the cost will outweigh the benefits.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

That falls under new vehicle or equipment purchases .  And that's one of those that takes a lot of thought, analysis and shopping.  Gotta make sure it fits perfectly. What are you thinking of getting?

I’ve been toying around with the idea of a Scout rifle, was looking very hard at the Steyr. Now I’m thinking about going semi-custom with a base Kimber in .308- having the barrel shortened to 18-19”, iron sights put on, 1-4 or 1-6 scope- would be handy as a “woods” gun and would closely mimic a Scout rifle

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 2 miles after work today. Felt good to move a little bit, but 2 miles was just right.

qotd: we’ve just finished up with a few projects so nothing big. But I do need to clean out the garage. Hate that job but it does feel good once it’s done.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL