Trailer Trash

Terrific Tuesday (Read 30 times)

AT-runner

Tim

... My first 50k I went out with the leaders...

Alas, when it comes to running, this is something I'll never know.

Couch - tired of winning the pie contest, aren't you.

Mandy - good luck. Does he suspect a stress fracture?

Warden - yes rest.

Queen - how close is the fire, and are they getting it contained?

LB2 - that Cottonmouth date looks inviting, so does the course.

XT - As hot as it's been, I would have jumped in and joined the floating fun.

Jamie - you need to plan a AT / Stony Valley run.

DD2 - fog or just stinking humidity for you today?

Dd1- go for a run and grab a nice cold beer, that always helps me with stress.

NHLA - I'd take a cool front.  Where in NC are you "home" trails?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

LB2: That race sounds nice, almost like a figure-8 loop. Could be nice to run. And with your speediness, you probably won't have to worry about the aid stations running out of supplies.

Haha. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I wouldn't say I am speedy, but I don't think I have run a 100 nearly as well as I should. I don't push beyond my comfort zone enough in races that long. A lot of things can happen over the course of a 100 miles, and most of those things are bad. But I feel like I will be in shape to do one a little quicker this year. We'll see.

LB2

LB2

LB2 - that Cottonmouth date looks inviting, so does the course.

I think it is going to be a good one. The terrain there is very similar to what I run on every day around the house. I love the rivers in northern Florida because they remind me of the rivers around here before all the darned gravel boat tailings were pumped in to them. Some of them are still pristine around here, and you can still just hammer the Kentucky Bass on any of them. But those Florida rivers were, apparently, protected and still have lots of shade. I am looking forward to it.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Less than 10 miles but it is 30% contained so not too worried.  Burned 2, 233 acres.

Queen - how close is the fire, and are they getting it contained?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

AT - yes, but I have my doubts. I have no idea what it could be at this point. All I know is that I'm not healing.

I can't believe Sue is running already again. 

Running is dumb.

NHLA

http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/trails-2/trail-locations-maps-info/

I live on Echo Mt. Hendersonville NC   google Jump Off Rock    Thats at the top of Echo Mt. 3000'

From there you can see Pisgah Mt.  6000'

Art Lobe trail  18 miles from home. Its fun to run from Oscar Blues brewery.