Trailer Trash

St. Patrick's Day Mondaily (Read 32 times)

Hi all,

We got a about 1-2 inches of snow overnight. Hoping it's the last of the season....spring starts in a few days! I had a nice 9 miler last night that was a good test for my sore calf. Seems like the 4 days off this week helped a lot.

QOTD: Any St. Paddy's day celebrations/traditions?  None for me this year but I do wish I had some soda bread today.

Double post

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

Thanks for the encouragement to sign up for the UTMF yesterday, you guys are such enablers!!!

qotd: no traditions, but today we had Shabu Shabu and Sake, does that count?

tbd.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Plan for today is 6ish easy miles after work.

QOTD: I will probably drink a Guinness if the world (local liquor store) isn't sold out of them...that's not unusual for me, but there's none in the house so I'll have to make the effort.  Lots of green ties at work...I forgot.

**Ask me about streaking**

muppy

SRD for me, hope it will let my angry groin muscle feel better!

QOTD No St. Patrick's Day traditions. But it's my sisters birthday,  since I was a little kid she always calls at "St. Andrea's day", so that's what I always think of.

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today, feeling pretty good after a solid weekend of running.

QOTD: I had a shot of Irish whiskey with breakfast.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Good weekend of running.  I've been averaging 30+ weekend miles the past month, so cut back this weekend.

QOTD:  As the resident Irishman, yes.  Went out Friday and Saturday and taking my mom out for lunch today (no beer at lunch, nobody wants to see a drunk doctor).  Our tradition is more about music than beer, but I do drink a few pints.  If St Paddy's Day falls on a weekend I will usually get together with brothers and sisters for a good time.   When my dad was alive, it was always a big family get together.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

charlesmoman

Just a few miles today - heading toward a 12-hour run on Saturday from noon to midnight with my IT 100 running partner.

We are using two trails at Morgan-Monroe Forest near Martinsville, IN - Low Gap and Three Lakes.

We already have one other person joining us and we hope for more.

Bob and I are sluggards and content.

Very light mileage this week until Saturday.

This is our longest training run before the race in late April.

I do have a weekend B2B of 24-14 in 2 weeks.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Our tradition is more about music than beer, but I do drink a few pints.  If St Paddy's Day falls on a weekend I will usually get together with brothers and sisters for a good time.   When my dad was alive, it was always a big family get together.

My step-father is Irish, for years he sang and played pennywhistle in a band called Whiskey in the Jar. They

only got together during March to rehearse and St. Paddy's Day to play.

I still don't know what to do with a drunken sailor earl-eye in the morning.

Gator eye

SRD

Muppy- Just something to check into, anytime I have groin pain (which is fairly often) I find that stretching the hip, especially the psoas relieves the problem. There is a yoga lady on you tube that has a great routine to stretch and loosen the hips.

jonferg67- It's hard to drink all day if you don't start first thing in the morning.

QOTD: Nothing special here, I had a St. Paddy's day party last weekend my need for green beer is over.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I still don't know what to do with a drunken sailor earl-eye in the morning.

You put 'em in the long boat 'til he's sober (earl-eye in the morning)

**Ask me about streaking**

muppy

SRD

Muppy- Just something to check into, anytime I have groin pain (which is fairly often) I find that stretching the hip, especially the psoas relieves the problem. There is a yoga lady on you tube that has a great routine to stretch and loosen the hips.

Thanks Gator, I'll check it out!

LB2

SRD today. I am having a bit of IT Band flare up, but I don't think it is anything serious. I should be able to stretch and strengthen it. I may do some squats and lunges later, but since I work late tonight, probably not.

QOTD: No plans; I am of Welsh decent. But, hey, that would be close enough if I wasn't working.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD:  The hubby and I had our first date on St Patty's day in 1992.  So we are going to meet for a drink at McGee's and then go home and have a barbeque.  Sunny and 70 here.

Not running today.

Jon:  liar!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

SRD.

I got very tired at work today, I hope I won't be getting ill. It's my usual sick time in late March/April - when everybody else is finally getting over their constant winter flu's, I'm the one to catch my annual cold, and suffer from it way into early June. Pathetic, I know. But I need SOMEthing to sideline my training for the late summer/fall races, even if it's just a lame excuse...

T&C: Glad the rest worked its miracle!

Sandy: Sake is always good, and even better on St. Patrick's Day. You have to make do with whatever you have, no excuses.

Zilla: Have a nice post-work run!

Muppy: Hope you'll heal up quickly!

jonferg: A good breakfast is the best start into a fresh new day!

AT: Nice running!

Charles: That sounds like a solid plan. 12-hr-run, all self-made, wow!

Gator: Green beer  Is it spinach flavored, too?

LB2: I'm not sure squats and lunges go well together with IT-Band issues?

Queen: Spring, eh? Barely 30 here...

QOTD: No traditions. But to honor the day, I was wearing a green hair-tie today at work.

Run for fun.