Trailer Trash

Western States (Read 49 times)

XtremeTaper

Wow, that sucks about the heat but at least you got it done and Grand Slam quest goes on. Crazy, the year I was out there as crew I was frickin' freezing at Robinson Flat. There was snow/sleet at emigrant pass that year.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Watoni

That was miserable. I struggled from 20 miles all the way to finish due to the heat and the nausea it caused. I never got it corrected. I really wanted to pack it in like so many other runners, but ended up staying out to literally grind it out to the finish. The carnage was insane, but at the end of the day, I'm going home with the buckle.

Going home with a buckle -- bottom  line, dude. We always hope to have our best race but 100-milers are finicky, and the CA heat/hills are tougher than most give them credit for. Well done! I was really emotional for you at every aid station I saw you at, but most of all at Robie when you were running the climb and were all but in -- Sometimes it seems almost easy on our best days, but races like you had show what you are made of.

Remember Pam Smith did 28+ hours before winning in about 18. Both those performances kick ass

Occasional Runner

Going home with a buckle -- bottom  line, dude. We always hope to have our best race but 100-milers are finicky, and the CA heat/hills are tougher than most give them credit for. Well done! I was really emotional for you at every aid station I saw you at, but most of all at Robie when you were running the climb and were all but in -- Sometimes it seems almost easy on our best days, but races like you had show what you are made of.

Remember Pam Smith did 28+ hours before winning in about 18. Both those performances kick ass

Thanks. I appreciate all the support out there. It's definitely a weekend that I'll never forget.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Awesome, Kelly, that you are still in the Grand Slam. That sure is one reason to grind it out.

Heat exhaustion is painful, and it can take several days to recover from it completely. Take it easy, and enjoy the sweet success of having earned that buckle!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Still in Grand Slam! Way to grind it out.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Keep Going

That was miserable. I struggled from 20 miles all the way to finish due to the heat and the nausea it caused. I never got it corrected. I really wanted to pack it in like so many other runners, but ended up staying out to literally grind it out to the finish. The carnage was insane, but at the end of the day, I'm going home with the buckle.

Wow! Congrats on your accomplishment!! Buckled!

100 milers are my favorite