Trailer Trash

Compression calf sleeves (Read 47 times)

SillyC

That is what I have ^^^^. Ok. I got some Pantyhose!!! I have a sports bra, too!!!

Well, I definitely own pantyhose....  in fact, I'm wearing a pair right now.   But what I put on after a race - I looked it up, and  I believe they are called "anti-embolism stockings" or TED hose.  Not comfortable, but they work way better than the ones on the sports market for bringing down post-race swelling.  The ones I have are for the "nonambulatory" patient;  they are too constricting to run in.   I wear them to sleep until they drive me crazy.

I sometimes wear compression sleeves during long races as I feel they help reduce muscle vibration (is that even a term?), but they also help to keep my legs somewhat clean   The ones I have are fluorescent (orange, blue and pink) and I'll often wear two different colors.  I love hearing, "Nice socks!" (Hell, even if they're making fun of me, I don't care.  It's a nice pick-me-up).

When traveling I'll put on diabetic socks that I picked up at Walmart.  The ones I have are toeless, so I can wear them with flip flops.  They're great for the plane ride after a really long run.

LB2

SillyC: The ones I have are actually something for blood flow, but they do look like pantyhose. And, I used them on the advice of another runner when I was having some leg problems. Compression was recommended, and I got those at Walgreens or someplace like that. They are pretty thick and very tight. They worked well.

LB2

Occasional Runner

I bet they look sexy with a garter, Burke.

Watoni

Thanks, Lace! I will take a look at those and perhaps the CEP's

LB2

I bet they look sexy with a garter, Burke.

I can stretch them all the way up to my armpits. I like to creep my wife out from time to time with that look. LOL.

LB2

Sandy-2

Last time I paced LB2 he was wearing his compression socks.  Here's a photo.

tbd.

I've had good luck with the RecoFit brand.  They seem to last a long time without losing their compression.

Another benefit of calf sleeves is use in runs/races with a lot of sage brush or other scratchy crap at calf level.  Bighorn 100 immediately comes to mind.