Trailer Trash

Across The Years 48 Hour RR- And Pics (Read 73 times)

Occasional Runner

Congrats! Another solid win.

I guess a criteria for you for entering a race is the RD has to have the same shoe size.  Nice!

You should run the 24 hr next year.  You would kill it.

Thanks, Jamie!

The 24 was my original plan for this year, but I really wanted to defend my previous win so I was back in the 48. The 24 hour doesn't seem to draw any really speedy guys. If I had stopped at 24 hours, I would have won the race by 8 miles. If that had been a real option, I would have done it. I hate running beyond 24 hours. This race, at 43 hours, is the longest I've ever been on my feet.

bhearn

I was at the New Year's One Day in SF. I had a good race too (139.5, 11M+ CR). We had better weather, and better scenery. But no beer mile, and certainly not all the atmosphere.

Occasional Runner

I was at the New Year's One Day in SF. I had a good race too (139.5, 11M+ CR). We had better weather, and better scenery. But no beer mile, and certainly not all the atmosphere.

Congratulations! That's excellent mileage. And it's extra sweet to hold the course record. Well done!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well down and wtf!!  Over 200 mikes on a mike loop,...pure insanity!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Congrats on another win. Sounds like a fantastic race environment....minus the freezing cold.

Occasional Runner

Congrats on another win. Sounds like a fantastic race environment....minus the freezing cold.

Thanks. The cold sucked, but I can be pretty sure the weather will be better next year.

hog4life

Amazing RR, congrats!

Watoni

A great read and inspiring as always!

muppy

Nice RR Kelly and congratulations on another solid win!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Amazing, Kelly, huge Congratulations on the 200 miles, and winning the race!

The Beer mile sounds like fun, but going on after that for another 160 miles - just insane!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I don't know why I do that stuff. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I still won the race, but I should have pulled about 240 miles and now I'm irritated that I didn't try to run more seriously. But...I had fun and made some cool memories. There's always next year! Thanks for reading it, Marie.

bhearn

I don't know why I do that stuff. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I still won the race, but I should have pulled about 240 miles and now I'm irritated that I didn't try to run more seriously. 

Maybe because it's kind of an insane thing to do, and about 36 hours in you start to actually realize this? Just a thought... or, maybe, the weather. BTW, not to hijack, but as I don't think you'll see it in the Ultra forum, my RR is here: http://bobhearn.blogspot.com/2015/01/new-years-one-day-2014-2015.html

Birdwell

I don't know why I do that stuff. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I still won the race, but I should have pulled about 240 miles and now I'm irritated that I didn't try to run more seriously. But...I had fun and made some cool memories. There's always next year! Thanks for reading it, Marie.

Do you want us to make this into a 5x12 banner and hang it near the start finish line during next years race?