Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 14 times)

Daydreamer1

I think the toe box on the Speedgoat's may be a little wider than the Mafates but I don't remember and I'm not at home to check them.  I bought them as soon as they came out last year and used them right out of the box for a 28.5 mile race, then for a marathon. I don't remember any issues with my toes pinching but my feet aren't real wide and I never blister.  After that I put them on the shelf and went back to wearing out some of my other shoes so I haven't wore them for 9 months.

The frustrating thing that I have found with Hokas is that the size may vary from shoe to shoe even with the same model.  That being said my shoe size is a 10 and that's what I always order. Sometimes they may be a little looser than the previous ones but never anything that causes me any problems.

Sandy-2

Forcing myself to take one last day off today, will run something tomorrow.

qotd1: Two pair, Asics Nimbus for roads and Asics Fuji Trabuco for trails. Both fit me well and have roomy toe boxes. One thing I don't like about the Trabuco's is they don't drain very well, I might cut holes in the sides.  Hey, maybe I should put in some grommets like the old Chuck Taylors...

qotd2: Yeah usually doing a fatass 50k or back-to-back 20s, sometimes good training both physical and mental.  But like Gator Eye, I can also look back on some runs and wish I had backed off or not run that day.

tbd.