Trailer Trash

Having a hard time (Read 84 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

If you have insurance, get the MRI and any other imaging they'll pay for.

And not to jump to conclusions, but I had multiple doctors tell me my X-rays looked fine too, when they just didn't know what to look for.

What sort of groin pain are you having?

Also, when telling some random athletic trainer/technician person my story for the eleven billionth time, I said something like, "And I was in the middle of a race in June and my groin started to ache..."  And the poor girl said, "Oh, half marathon?"  "No, 100K."  :blank stare:

Mandy – I totally understand about needing to be persistent in seeking the right diagnosis. I guess my expectations were just too high yesterday. My experience was not as bad as I may have described but again my expectations here high. I probably will do the MRI just to rule out a tear. My insurance isn’t great but I can’t complain too much. The groin pain started about 4 weeks prior to my 50 miler in November. The pain was not severe but more a dull ache from my groin down the inside of both legs. My theory is that it threw my form off enough in the 50 miler that my knees suffered. Because the groin pain is on both sides and is not a sharp pain or even significant, I am fairly sure it’s not a tear. I explained it this way to the Dr. – it feels like someone is reaching their fingers into my groin (I know - not a great visual) and pulling on the tendons slightly up.

So anyway, I carry on and “run” virtually through others…

My favorite day of the week is RUNday