Trailer Trash

Two Mile Tuesday (Read 23 times)

LB2

Actually, I'll run 6.5 after work.

QOTD: How much sleep do you normally get at night, and does it seem adequate?

Typically, we are out by 9 PM. If I run in the morning, I get up at 4. So, that puts me at 7, but if I run after work, I sleep until 5. I get between 7 and 8 almost every night. Eight is definitely adequate.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Holding off on heading to the woods for a bit as there is supposed to be a break in the rain soon. Cats and dog type of rain right now.  When I checked Weather.com there was a Special Weather Statement that  said "Small Craft Advisory in your area". I was so looking forward to taking the boat out on our pond.  

FTYC - stop in and say hello. As Queen always points out, this place is becoming too male dominant.

QOTD: In bed by 10:30 or 11, and I read until midnight.  Up around 7.  At least once a night I'm up to relive the "old man bladder". On Tuesdays and Thursdays I may get an extra 1/2 hour of sleep. Probably not enough for me since on the weekends I'll catch a nap or two. I'm a light sleeper, and I can't remember the last time I slept all night.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Not sure of running plans today. Might take an extra day of rest of maybe a short run with the Lady late this afternoon. A spring rain right now, in February!

QOTD: 7-8 hours is typical for me, except for last night as I had some work/IT project live around midnight. Wrapped my piece up by 12:15, only to get a call an hour later.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

-3 here this morning with about 5" of new snow; snow is fine this 20-30 degrees below normal shit is getting very old.

will hit the treadmill this evening for 4 or 5 miles, oh the joy!

qotd: in bed around 9-ish, up at 5; weekends usually up at 6-7, still in bed around 9-ish .  I could probably get used to not getting up at 5, but pretty used to it now

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

7 miles this morning. Very windy. Rain comming.

qotd  5-7 hours at night and a nap at noon.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Two mile Tuesday?!?! But I thought it was $2 pint night.  So it has been dumping all night so I got up and we bailed water out of the basement.  Not really the basement but under the house and next to the basement wall.  If left alone it seeps into the house.    Our ground is thoroughly saturated and the wind is blowing.    We have huge pines in our yard and 8 just died because of the bark beetle.  So I decide I will run at the gym today only to get to work and have meetings getting in the way.   so ummm no idea if I will run today.

QOTD:  I am to at least lay in bed for 8 hours.  I don't always sleep for all of it.  I like to be in bed by 10 and out of bed by 6.  At least that is what I would like to do.  Usually get to bed a little later.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

We have huge pines in our yard and 8 just died because of the bark beetle.  

Are ya'll getting those pines taken down?

Those beetles can kill them quickly. I know of a couple of places in the Homochitto National Forest where there was an infestation near the trail. They cut the trees in a circular perimeter and let them fall into the center of the circle. Apparently, the beetles have a very limited range and move from crown to crown. That process seems to stop the spread of the them.

Well, I looked it up, and it appears that the method I have seen is sort of a last resort. The success is mixed. I can't find an explanation for why the trees cut to fall onto each other is a method that sometimes works. I am sure the answer is out there, but I am not looking too hard.

LB2

Gator eye

6 this am

We went up to Marquette last weekend which gave me the chance to go snow shoeing. Only problwm was they only had 6 " of snow. Go figure, so i put on running shoes and did some heavy duty trail running and mt climbing. No idea on miles.

QOTD. Go to bed around 9ish and wake up at 3:30 out the door by 4 to run. This is about the only schedule i can come up with that gets me running every day

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well we are lucky because the electric company agreed to take them down even though 2 aren't near their lines.  It's about a $1,000 a tree if we had to hirer someone.  They are lazy and only move to the tree next to them.  Our neighbor had one tree die and they quickly spread through our trees.  They are domain when the temperatures are below 70.  So hopefully the tree guys come soon.  We were told in next 3 weeks but I think this rain may slow them up.  Once down we are suppose to cover them with plastic or just get rid of them.  You can't see our house from the road as we have a nice little forest...it would be such a bummer if they move and kill more trees.

Are ya'll getting those pines taken down?

Those beetles can kill them quickly. I know of a couple of places in the Homochitto National Forest where there was an infestation near the trail. They cut the trees in a circular perimeter and let them fall into the center of the circle. Apparently, the beetles have a very limited range and move from crown to crown. That process seems to stop the spread of the them.

Well, I looked it up, and it appears that the method I have seen is sort of a last resort. The success is mixed. I can't find an explanation for why the trees cut to fall onto each other is a method that sometimes works. I am sure the answer is out there, but I am not looking too hard.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Today was supposed to be gym day. With it being kind of rainy, just getting out of bed and being really tired I don't feel like battling the crowds that I'm sure will be there, so I'm going to go tomorrow and put in some time on the trainer tonight. Might jog some on the TM. Wish I had a better TM here at the house. For some reason it's more painful running on this one than the ones at the gym.

Yesterday QOTD:  I never had any real interaction with John except for a few posts on RW and here. I found his style of writing unique and interesting and wished he would have posted here more often. He will be missed.

QOTD:  Sleep???? Whasss dat???? .  If I get one night of 8 hours of sleep in a week I'm doing good.  Maybe will get 1-2 with 6-7 hours.  Most days when I get 7-8 hours of sleep it's broken up in sections. 2-3 hours here, 4-5  there. Not very healthy.  Last night was about 2 hours at work and I just slept again for about 2 1/2 hours. If I'm drinking enough I'll get up at least once anytime I sleep for more than 4 hours so it's never unbroken sleep. Been wearing my Polar watch to bed some and I was averaging about 6 1/2 hours per day with about 75% being restful sleep.

LB2

I should have named this one "Tornado Tuesday". We have tornadoes popping up all over the place around here today. I don't think any fatalities, but about 6 in the last 2 hours over the region.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 very easy trail miles. Al the creek crossings were up from the rain so I took my time and looked at the water a few times. Very peaceful run, and I needed that.

Tornadoes in the South, torrential rain in CA, only a few inches of snow up north, 60 degrees in PA and arctic temps in Montana. Weird February weather for all of us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Tornadoes in the South, torrential rain in CA, only a few inches of snow up north, 60 degrees in PA and arctic temps in Montana. Weird February weather for all of us.

Yes. 4 confirmed tornadoes, so far.

LB2

Sandy-2

I plan to do a little heat training after work today.  To add to AT's list of crazy weather, we broke the all-time record for today, officially it's currently 86 deg.

qotd: Usually between 7 and 8 hrs (about 10pm to 5 or 6am), seems to work for me.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Wait- it's February??? When did that happen?  My streak is alive at 37 days.  My legs feel pretty good which I am surprised at. I will get out the door for something tonight.

QOTD: I don't sleep well.  Never really have.  I deal with it.  I get to bed between 10 and 11 each night.  For the past year or so I will watch Netflix on my ipad until I get tired and then put it away.  Some nights it's just a few minutes while other nights it can be a whole episode of whatever I am watching.  it beats just laying in bed not being able to sleep.  I am sure it's not good for my eyes but what do I care - they are already bad.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday