Trailer Trash

Tuesday! (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

I'm trying to muster some excitement with that exclamation point. Seems I've also turned into an unenthusiastic runner as I have not run since last Thursday. I will get out today as I have my newish tuesday track group to meet and I'm in charge of deciding what we'll actually do. With a run there and back, should be around 5 miles. and the rain is finally stopping, so we should get a glimpse of the full moon rise.

qotd: Any big running and/ or travel plans coming up? Me, still trying to figure it out. No big runs only a HM in early September, which is a road/paved trail race. And I really wish I had running travel plans, but when I've traveled recently, the plans have not aligned with any races. Bleh.

muppy

6.3 miles last night,  The temperature was in the upper 60s and really nice!

QOTD  no running plans. We're going camping on Labor Day weekend to worlds end State Park and two weeks later we're going down to Cape May New Jersey for our 1st anniversary.

NorthernHarrier

Got my new tire and made it up here. Skipped running afterall yesterday and opted for an hour on the road bike instead. That felt pretty good and I just wasn't feeling it for a run. I have a lot to do today but I'm slacking so far. Gonna head over to the nearby mt. bike trails and RUN 7 miles on them. They are some great runnable trails that I usually bike.

On a sad note my puppy Cloe is having one of her eyes removed today. Glaucoma set in rapidly and now she is blind in the one eye with a lot of pain. Breaks my heart.  She'll still be an awesome dog but her wild field days are now over. Was hoping for one last year of some light hunting with her but it's not happening. I believe she's 11 years old now. At least she won't have any more pain and hopefully 4 more good years of living.

QOTD-  I leave for Wyoming and Montana on Friday with runs planned in the Snowy range in the Medicine Bow, around the Tetons, the Bechler region of Yellowstone, and a couple on the eastern side Glacier. Will be connecting with Warden for one of those. Actually a run that both of us were eyeballing so that should be cool.

I have to take a double dose of happy pills as I'll be around the National parks in the summer which breaks a rule of mine and from what I'm reading the parks are seeing a massive people explosion this year. What can you do? It's a very short season for some of them and a person can't be everywhere in September.

XtremeTaper

Last "run" last night probably for the next 3 weeks or more. With all the rain yesterday I could not resist hitting the blue trail at Green Lane to take in all the water gushing down the creeks and ravines on the south side of the lake. Normally these are light flows, even just a trickle in summer but there was whitewater and mini-falls last night, plus the sound of rushing water. We cut our normal 7 mile loop short down to 4.5 miles due to my slogging pace.

QOTD: No, not really. A quick family trip over to Pittsburgh in a few weeks, then we'll see how my knee is recovering before any other plans are made. Oh yeah, I have that Pinhoti thing on my list but well it seems I might be advised to drop from that but I am overly optimistic.

Harrier - So sorry about Cloe. Our springer has chronic ear problems and we've spent way too much $ trying to fix it with the vet. Now I just try to keep it clean daily. He is 13.5 now and doing pretty well other than that. Hope you have many more years with Cloe.

Muppy - Happy anniversary! World's end is a nice place. Some trails there you know!

Runtrail - Run some miles for me, ok!?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Quite soggy around here today, LB2 I think it's headed your way so keep your eyes open.  I set the alarm to run early this morning but skipped it when I looked out the window, it was absolutely pissing down rain.  I usually like to run in the rain but it was ridiculous.  Some places near us got 8 inches of rain last night. Not sure I believe it, but they said one place got 6 inches in a half hour.

I plan to slosh though the puddles for 5 mi after work today.

NH, I hope things work out for the pup.  BTW, one of the horses that did the CT thru ride last month with my DD is blind in one eye, not sure that is transferable, but you can tell your pup about it for intensive.   <--- (I had the wink thing, but though that that could be seen as insensitive. Doh!!)

qotd: I have Arkansas coming up in early October, I plan to drive up the day before (7 hr drive) and camp out near the start. Then drive home after if I'm not too beat up and tired. Pretty low-key.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 3 miles in with Tiny E, a good 1200' climb in a mile, didn't need a headlamp as we had a nice full moon

I'm breaking in a new pair of shoes for the Bridger Ridge Run- I sized up one a pair of LaSportiva Mutants- I need a really sticky shoe as the entire 20-ish miles is all rock

qotd: BRR this weekend, bromance run with NH following weekend, secret mtn lake in the Crazies following that (state record Golden Trout came out of this lake)- a full plate 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5.3 miles this morning with the mutts...heel was a bit sore at the beginning but not bad after a mile.

QOTD:  Well I am leaving for Michigan next week.  I am excited because I am heading up to Marquette for a race.  My brother, sister, great niece and sister's boyfriend are all going with me.    that makes me super happy.  We are going to camp in a pop up trailer.  My run starts at 5 am so I should be over halfway done by the time they wake up, shower, and eat breakfast.  Then Sunday we are doing the picture rock boat tour.

Muppy:  Dam a year already.  Time goes by fast.

NH: Sorry to hear about Cloe.   you can take her hunting as a champion only though. 

XT:  I take it your getting the surgery...good luck.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed and feel like I should crawl right back in.  Got beat up at work last night and it seems I'm still hung over from the weekend.

Planning 5-6 easy miles tonight. I'm sure the last 2 will be with DW at a walking pace.

DC- Thanks for reminding me about the full moon. I may run late just so I can run while it's coming up.

Muppy - Every one always says that  Worlds End is a really nice park. Been by it many times but never have stopped in.

NH - Sorry to hear about the pup.

XT - Sound like a nice run and definitely one of those times to just slow down and enjoy the scenery.

Sandy - 6 inches in a half hour is a ton of water coming down .

Warden - That pup of yours sure gets in a lot of miles for his size.

Queen - Enjoy the race a boat tour. I've been itching to get up there and do that race sometime.

QOTD:  We are planning on spending a couple of days in Glacier National park in September then heading up to Jasper AB for 5-6 days. I just have a feeling though that this will be cut short because of my BIL's condition.  Really excited to get back up to Jasper.

On the running front I'd like to do the Rosaryville 50k in Maryland in November. If I do that'll be a last minute signup.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet today.  Went to the gym last night - first time in a while.  But I will run tonight - under a full moon apparently.  Love it!

NH - sorry to hear about the dog.  They have a way of bouncing back though and make adjustments.

Muppy - can't be a year already?!? wow that did go fast.

QOTD: Nothing imminent.  We just got back from vacation but DW already wants to do something Labor Day weekend.  I don't.  No running plans though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Easy few road miles today. Man this being good crap sucks.

NH - sorry about Cloe. They adapt pretty well, so hopefully she'll bouce right back.

QOTD:  Nothing in the future. "Quad State AT Fun Run" is in thew works but waiting to see how I continue to recover.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Sorry about Chloe, NH.

I ran 7 between storms on Tuesday.

QOTD: I have Pinhoti the first weekend of November. I'll drive over the day before (5 hours). I have no pacers or crew, so I'll drive back Sunday. Although my wife suggested staying overnight and not driving back right after running 100 miles. I have driven immediately after a 100K with not problem, but I usually have my brother drive after a 100 mile run. I don't think he is coming, though.

LB2