Trailer Trash

Tuesday - just Tuesday (Read 35 times)

bhearn

My laptop crashed and I had several emails that I had saved from John M from over the years and especially his last few months. Now, like John, they are sadly gone. I should have backed them up.

I had a nice Facebook message history with him. But his account was turned off, presumably by his wife. I should have thought to copy that as well.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I had a nice Facebook message history with him. But his account was turned off, presumably by his wife. I should have thought to copy that as well.

I still have my Facebook message history with him.  You should too if you didn't delete them.  It will just show "Facebook user" as the name.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Probably because the actual accomplishment means something to you. and less the recognition. For cheaters (generally speaking), they are motivated by the recognition and perceived 'greatness' to boost perhaps a fragile ego or low self-esteem. The actual accomplishment means little.

Lucy will leave her booth for the time being. Just leave your nickel.

Mandy:  WOW pretty surprising.  I feel sorry for him.  What's broken in him that he felt he needed to cheat (if he did)  to win.  I want to win too, but I could never enjoy a win that I cheated to get there.

Gator eye

Well isn't that interesting, if true it's a pretty tall horse he's falling off.

Hell he's no faster than I am, who can't run a 4 hour marathon.

Another 6 this morning.

Daydreamer1

Sooooo where did winter go?  Too warm out there . Actually I really do hate when there is so much of a change.

Planning on 6-7 miles on the road.

Warden - Wendlers 5-3-1 program, eh .  Now I know where to get some of that special juice  . Just be careful you don't get too huge to run .   Just kidding .  Last year when I was lifting a lot I was also reading a lot on bodybuilding forums and his supplement usage was discussed quite a bit so I had to rag on you a little bit.  Actually thought it was a good program (the lifting portion) even though I didn't use it.

On Kelly:  Slapping animated emoticon  Facepalm animated emoticon    I don't know animated emoticon

QOTD:  To have a more relaxed life then last year, both personal and work life.  At this point it ain't fu@$&ng looking good for me. At the rate things are going at work I'll either be stroking out in a nursing home, in jail, on strong medications, or on Jamie's couch.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm the most laid back, easy going, extremely intense TYPE A personality that you'll ever find.  So my goal for the year is to become more type B in regards to work life.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ the only juice I’m consuming regularly is Bent Nail IPA 

don’t know a thing about him personally, but the program appears to be very sound- concentrates on good form, starts light, works up slowly, modest investment in time- he even talks about some running on days off- don’t see that mentioned much on lifting centric programs 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

It was raining, misting this morning. And I stayed up too late last night to manage going for a run this morning at 4. I doubt I run this evening, but I might.

On Kelly: I was Kelly's pacer for his first 100 mile win at Cajun Coyote in 2013. I can tell you that was a legitimate run. His run at Rocky in 2012 was also legitimate. I was there as a runner. I think he ran an 18:05 at Rocky, which is why I thought he would run well at Cajun, very similar courses. In 2014, I think he placed 3rd at Cajun. I ran the last 40 miles with him. I think it was a 22:30 or something like that. The last 40 took 10 hours. I don't know anything about timed events, but I do know that he is a friend of mine. I won't turn my back on a friend when he/she is in need, even if they are wrong. However, I won't try to rationalize a bad decision, either. At the same time, I won't preach about it. By no means am I criticizing anyone here who may have said something negative. I'm just saying what I think, regardless of anyone else's comments. We all make mistakes, and I am not saying this article is true or false or blown out of proportion or whatever. I don't know anything beyond my own experience with Kelly. In 2015, we both ran the Cottonmouth 100. Kelly DNF'd around mile 60. I suffered through a horrendous race, and a mile from the finish line I found Kelly waiting for me to run the last mile with me. I appreciated that more than I can convey with words. I am more concerned, right now, with the state of mind he may be in based on this article. Running is a huge part of his life. If it is true, it is obviously disappointing, but it doesn't negate the times we have had on the trail or the friendship we have shared.

QOTD: I will try to save more money and run for the joy of running.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Threw a post regarding the cheater in the other thread. Cheaters, well you know...  I know a number of you guys either ran with him at one time or another or developed an online friendship so I respect that but I take great satisfaction in this news. (I know I can be an unsympathetic bastard).

Anyway left work a little early and got in 7 good trail miles. Our weather is great right now with temps about 40F and the little snow we have disappearing. Great trail conditions for Jan.  May go north this weekend to get some cross country skiing in.

LB2

Threw a post regarding the cheater in the other thread. Cheaters, well you know...  I know a number of you guys either ran with him at one time or another or developed an online friendship so I respect that but I take great satisfaction in this news. (I know I can be an unsympathetic bastard).

Anyway left work a little early and got in 7 good trail miles. Our weather is great right now with temps about 40F and the little snow we have disappearing. Great trail conditions for Jan.  May go north this weekend to get some cross country skiing in.

I totally understand that.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a feeling this would make your day. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

FB deactivating his account when he died. His daughter was upset. They were always on him to pay for his site since they viewed it as advertising for his book.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

bhearn

I still have my Facebook message history with him.  You should too if you didn't delete them.  It will just show "Facebook user" as the name.

Ah! Thank you so much! I just had to scroll waaaaaaay back in my FB message history. But it does still show his name. I just can't get there from his page, which doesn't exist.

AT-runner

Tim

Cool. Thanks Mandy. Here is my last FB message from John. Most of our stuff was email.

(He had asked when we first started interacting, which was initially through ultra list, I think.)

Hi Tim -- 1998? Good heavens, that long? Wow, all those miles and exchanges. The people, whether actually met or "just" social media have made the running so much more than just time and distance on a trail. Thank you for being part of it. I am in a "last phase" of testing. The oncologist is concerned with the source -- pancreas and liver are of interest.

Hope you are enjoying the weirdo first wave of winter coming in. The trip to the southwest was totally enjoyed. John

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!