Trailer Trash

Thursday Dailey---Cougar Killing (Read 24 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Having a great time in CO. Finally got to hike Mt Evans yesterday. Road to top is closed, so we hiked over Mt. Spaulding and then across to Mt. Evans. DW’s first 14’er.  Hard coming down with tons of scree.

Met up with Warden and NH. They decided to stay with us in our cabin.

Me, Al,Jess and Mike early hydrating for our run. 64 beers on tap.

Hiking and driving in Rocky Mountain National Park today. Awesome scenery and weather has been great.

We run tomorrow. Weather looks great but very windy. We’ll be pretty exposed most of the run, so need to pack some extra things.

QOTD:  Race, yes.  Solo run, no.  Saw cougar prints in OR a few years ago when I was along on the Salmon River Trail. Snowed over night, so I know tracks were fresh. I was a bit uneasy, but did the run anyway. Maybe not the smartes thing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Having a great time in CO. Finally got to hike Mt Evans yesterday. Road to top is closed, so we hiked over Mt. Spaulding and then across to Mt. Evans. DW’s first 14’er.  Hard coming down with tons of scree.

I have driven up Mt Evans twice (with family and fiends) never hiked up.  But from the top of Mt Evans the ridge up from the lake, around Mt Spaulding and then over to Mt Evans looks hairy and quite exposed to me.  How was it?

Great photos of the area and the Trailer Trash.  Thanks!!  But what's up with the empty glasses? You planning to run the next day or somethin'? 

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

I have driven up Mt Evans twice (with family and fiends) never hiked up.  But from the top of Mt Evans the ridge up from the lake, around Mt Spaulding and then over to Mt Evans looks hairy and quite exposed to me.  How was it?

Great photos of the area and the Trailer Trash.  Thanks!!  But what's up with the empty glasses? You planning to run the next day or somethin'? 

It was not an easy hike. The traverse was big rock jumping and on the way back we hit a mile section of scree. More than a few people turned back at Spalding summit when they saw what was next.

Don't worry, those empty glasses were replaced by new bottles back at the cabin.  NH brought supplies from WI (that I think Mandy helped pick out).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Queen started a thread about cougars 

Having fun with the gang, enough so I let a smile slip Smile

NH and I got in 11 miles this morning- nice little loop in the park.

Big loop tomorrow.

qotd: lions can be a little unnerving at night, but wouldn’t give it a second thought as far as running. A lion that kills (and consumes) a person, is one that we would we do everything to remove from the population, same for a bear.  I’m an advocate for insuring the big predators are here to stay, but when they kill/consume- the line has to be drawn.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √