Trailer Trash

Soggy (!!) Saturday (Read 22 times)

runtraildc

Yes, we're finally getting some rain, though I know our little drought is nothing compared to what is happening in CA.  Went out with the running group in it and got in 5 miles.   And it was somewhere around 62*.  Needless to say, it was a great run, even though the legs were heavy.  What a difference  weather makes!

qotd:  Let's talk laundry.  everyone's dirty little secret (haha).   What's yours like and do you have any secrets to share?   With two XC runners (who also swim=mildewy towels), a bike commuter and me, laundry is serious business in my household.  I've been trying sports laundry soaps to help with the stink.  Tide Sport was ok, but now I've moved on to Atsko Sport-Wash, which I like and think is much better.  On it's own, it smells terrible so I use 1/2 the amount and mix it with regular soap.  And I often add vinegar in an extra rinse cycle.  Things are much improved.

some call me Tim

Probably rest day #3 here.. hoping for great results in a 9 mile trail race tomorrow, a personal favorite on a course that I run a couple dozen times a year.

qotd: Yeah, between having two little kids and the wife and I both being runners, we generally do at least a load of laundry every single day (that recent water line issue was a *big* problem). Vinegar definitely helps, especially by itself in an empty tub to clean out the washer itself. I haven't tried many special detergents, but I got a sample of SportSuds at a race and ended up buying a bunch of it. I think it worked pretty well, but have yet to find a way of salvaging clothes that have gone past a certain stanky event horizon. Once they get beyond that it becomes too strong and there's no hope.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 9 miles early before the rain.  Then stood out in the rain as DS played first soccer game of the year.  Fun times!

QOTD: Speaking of laundry, needed to throw some in after we were all soaked and muddy.  Nothing significant for us, with 5 of us, washer/dryer always seem to be going.  We do have to use a scentless detergent though due to skin allergies in 2/3 kids.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed to find a nice steady rain coming down. It's supposed to tape off later this evening so I'll wait just a bit to head out. Probably get in somewhere between 5-8 miles on the road.

QOTD: Since I'm the only consistent runner or biker my stuff can lay in the hamper for several days until it gets washed. We never really have problems with smells and we don't use any special detergents. Several years ago I did have several shirts that always had a bad odor but I think that was from the type of material.  Now my dirty little secret is that I rarely wash anything after a single run or bike ride, unless it was one of my long runs or I was in the rain and mud.  I think that started as a way to keep my bike shorts from getting washed out. Doesn't really cause a problem since I hang stuff up to air dry. Although the other day I did pull on a shirt to go for a run and it was kind of stiff .   I guess the salt from sweating can replace starch .

NHLA

4.5 miles Eagle Rock.  Humid but cool.  10k trail race at Builtmore House tom.  This is going to be a beautiful course.

You can get a year pass for only a few bucks more than one day pass if you live here.

There are three big ridges and two rivers running thru the property  9000 acres.  I have  run every inch.

Hope race is not full. Raceday registration might be risky.

Daydreamer1

10k trail race at Builtmore House tom.  This is going to be a beautiful course.

I've heard that's a nice property.  Wanted to stop in several times, just never had the time to do so. Good luck in the race.

NHLA

I've heard that's a nice property.  Wanted to stop in several times, just never had the time to do so. Good luck in the race.

You really need to stop but it takes two days to see it. You are so tired after the house tour you can't enjoy the gardens.