Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Headed out with the local running group for a 20-ish mile run in the Elkhorns, mid-40's high in the low 70's, sunny- should be a nice day 

qotd: plans for the weekend, running/racing/otherwise?  nothing exciting for me, long run today, shorter run tomorrow, grocery shopping for the week- yawn 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's a rest day for me.  Plan to conquer a bunch of chores...although it's been a slow start.  Bed early as meeting running group at 5 am tomorrow for at least 25.

QOTD:  whops already answered it.  Need to get house in order.  Husband is bringing niece for a week visit, then 4 days until our friend comes with his kids.  They stay 10 days and we pack it full of outdoor fun.  Bad timing...should be ramping up my training during these next few weeks.  As you know I'm a bit of a lazy person when it comes to training. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

4.5 technical miles with DD. It was fun.

Found three ticks, a flea, and a giant ant crawling on me afterwards.  Should have used insect repellent...

There is a MTB race today in our mountain area, and we saw the bikers before the start, and then right after they had started, making their way up the mountain road (they'll get onto the trails after a mile or two). It was fun to watch. The race organizers actually had signs up at the trailheads asking other trail users to leave the markings up, and not change them. LOL, but I get it that with a bike, getting off course might be more of a hassle than on foot, and in my area it can even be downright dangerous, with cliffs and rocks to fall off from (then, on the other hand, it's just a biker, so who cares?  - wait, not. I don't want anyone to get hurt enjoying their sports).

QOTD: It's one of the rare weekends that I have off work. I don't know how I got to enjoy such luxury?

I'll also catch up on chores around the house, get the kids all their stuff for summer camp, which will start on Monday, and perhaps squeeze in a longer run, or a group run with the running club tomorrow.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Got home from work really late last night so I didn't get out of bed when I should have now I'm behind schedule.

I wanted to get up on the mountain for a long run but that doesn't look like it will occur.  Probably only get in 7-8 miles on the dirt roads around the house.

QOTD: Today I'm  going to defrost the one freezer, do some paperwork that I brought home from work last night, measure a shed roof for shingles, get a vehicle ready for inspection, then go for a run.  Tomorrow after church I'll head up on the mountain. Thinking about tackling some of the steep stuff with trekking poles. I want to use them for my race in August so I should train with them.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Saturday. DW and I had hot and humid run today, probably just over 11 miles.  It was so humid that I stopped once to wring out my shorts and haven't had to do that in a while.  Saw a fly fisherman along one of our favorite creek sections.  I scared him pretty good when I said "HI".  (Probably shouldn't have yelled it.  Wink He jumped and almost fell in the water and said he thought I was a bear.  I don't know too many bears that speak English or wear bright yellow Boston Marathon shirts.  At least I got his heart rate up, so he can say he exercised today.

warden - I like your weather better.

Queen - You may be lazy at training sometimes, but you amaze me in that you'll go out and knock off 20-25 miles for long runs.  That will pay off on race day.

FTYC - Bugs were all over me today.  Forgot my hat and flies were buzzing my hair most of the run. Not fun!

Dd1-  I don't know how you run at all with your rotating schedule.  You have more dedication than you realize because it's easier to run the same time every day.

QOTD:  Working on porch addition and DW will spend most of the day in the garden.  Some pool time later if the storms stay away.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

I'll get in ~7 a bit later today, nice and slow... hoping all racers are having a good day out there!

qotd: Early LR tomorrow, then a jaunt into Buffalo to the yearly art festival which, while extensive, boasts more crafts than actual art but is a good chance to people watch. And eat ice cream.

Occasional Runner

I only ended up with 8 miles today because I wanted to get a bunch of other things done while I'm finally home for an entire weekend. It was a nice trail run, though.

QOTD: Busy weekend! I installed pavers in my back yard, right off our patio in an area where the dogs alway tear up the lawn. Then I cleaned out the garage, which was LONG overdue. Gonna grill up some fish tacos, then head down south for a little house hunting with my wife. Tomorrow is a long run, gym, then I have to go do maintenance down at the business we own, or my wife might fire me.

moonlightrunner

I may go for a short run today. I am concerned about the pain and swelling behind my right knee. And the hamstring is painful also. It hurts just walking on it....but I want to run!

Qotd: hopefully running. Taking care of grand children. Tomorrow is a rare Sunday I have to work. We are too,g a software go live at an immediate care clinic...so I got volunteered. Yuck.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

I may go for a short run today. I am concerned about the pain and swelling behind my right knee. And the hamstring is painful also. It hurts just walking on it....but I want to run!

Qotd: hopefully running. Taking care of grand children. Tomorrow is a rare Sunday I have to work. We are too,g a software go live at an immediate care clinic...so I got volunteered. Yuck.

Do you have a bike?  Might give it a try so you can get some cardio and see if it aggravated the knee / hammie or not.  Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Do you have a bike?  Might give it a try so you can get some cardio and see if it aggravated the knee / hammie or not.  Good luck.

I don't have a bike...but I did walk about 4 miles pushing the kids in the running stroller. The knee is stuff tonight. Tomorrow morning I am going to try 8 miles of single track and hope for the best.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Did 20 along the rivers on Sat and then 10 over the mountain today.  My quads are nicely toasted.

qotd: just some running and then we went to a hipster art area.  It was kinda bla.

tbd.