Trailer Trash

The Thursdailies (Read 30 times)

AT-runner

Tim

AT--Very impressive on the walking pace. It has got me thinking and something I'm gonna start working on it myself.

It takes some work to push the walking pace, but just like running, it can be done.  Probably 15 years ago, John M told me to practice more walking, and he was right. I put the treadmill on 4.0 mph at 1.0 elevation and after a few minutes push it to 4.1 then 4.2, etc. to see where I can still walk without feeling like I have to skip or run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

I am happy to report I ran 9 miles last night on a real trail. Longest and best run in a LONG time. It felt good...I even ran the last 2 miles pretty fast for me because I got a call the DD was stalked by her ex at the laundromat. Nithi,g bad happened and I found out I am in better shape than I thought despite my spotty run history of late. I ran the last 4 days in a row!

No run tonight  Grandmother duty instead.3 day weekend! Hopes for lots of running.

Yay !!!  Glad to hear about the run but sorry to hear about the fucking asshole stalking your DD.  Report it every time it happens so there is apaper trail of his behavior.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

68 degrees, that's like a huge heat wave here. I'll get out on a run as soon as DH comes home from work to take care of the kids.

Planning on some nice, relaxing miles on one of my favorite more hilly routes.

QOTD: Almost "instant" access (5 min drive, or 3 mile run) to a huge network of more or less hilly, technical trails, and access to the bike path and a little dirt path to run right out the door. It's also a safe area, with excellent schools and education for the kids.

Drivers yield to runners and bikers almost everywhere. Safe for night running, roads or trails.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

She has a restraining order..but won't have him arrested. I just don't want the kids to be victimized. They don't get to choose.

The wAlking sounds like a good goal, AT. I met an ultra runner who was I,hired and "walked" in races and made the cutoffs. It sounds like an important skill to develop.

Yay !!!  Glad to hear about the run but sorry to hear about the fucking asshole stalking your DD.  Report it every time it happens so there is apaper trail of his behavior.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k