Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday (Read 18 times)

Rest day today, 22k race (which ended up more like 25k) over the weekend.  Hilly SOB, as per usual for a races on Mt. Tamalpais, but I chugged along and it was good enough for 3rd in AG.  41 miles for the week.

Queen, bummer about the car troubles.  I'll likely be around if you make your way down here in the coming months.  HMB really can't compete with Puerto Vallerta, though...

Sandy-2, I see you're doing Houston Marathon this weekend.  A friend is running it and she's expecting freezing temps.  Crazy!  Have fun.

WC, I was thinking recently that it would be nice to visit the Canadian Rockies.  If you see any interesting races, do share.  Looks spectacular.

QOTD: no specific plans, a few vague notions.  Expecting to get into TRT 50 in July since I'm #20 on the waitlist, so that'll be a long weekend away.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

WC, I was thinking recently that it would be nice to visit the Canadian Rockies.  If you see any interesting races, do share.  Looks spectacular.

I posted on the Calgary Trail Runners FB group. I joined that last year when I registered for Powderface. Powderface is full, but I've gotten several suggestions from the group:

Rundle's Revenge, June 24th in Canmore offers 25K and 50K
      Ironlegs, August 18th, in Bragg Creek area offer 60K, 50M, 100K

Moose Mountain Trail Races, August 25th in Bragg Creek area offers 16K, 29K, and 42K

Broken Goat, July 21st in Rossland, BC offers 25K and 50K

The Ironlegs and Moose Mountain races are in the same area and possible share some of the same course as Powderface that I ran last year.

I posted photos I took in the area both during the race and on hikes I took for post race recovery on FB
      Powderface 21K

Prairie View and Jewel Pass Trails

Upper Kananaskis Lake Loop

Ptarmigan Cirque

I'm leaning toward Rundle's Revenge. Ironlegs looks like a little more than I can handle with the vertical gain and Moose Mountain is the week before ARFTA which I'd like to go to this year.

ETA: Just checked and Broken Goat sold out the same day registration opened.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Sandy-2, I see you're doing Houston Marathon this weekend.  A friend is running it and she's expecting freezing temps.  Crazy!  Have fun.

Thanks.

Yeah it’s going to be great, start temp 35 deg and 40 deg four hours later. Plus not too windy or humid.  The half is going to be really fast on both the men’s and women’s side.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

I posted on the Calgary Trail Runners FB group. I joined that last year when I registered for Powderface. Powderface is full, but I've gotten several suggestions from the group:

Rundle's Revenge, June 24th in Canmore offers 25K and 50K
          Ironlegs, August 18th, in Bragg Creek area offer 60K, 50M, 100K

Moose Mountain Trail Races, August 25th in Bragg Creek area offers 16K, 29K, and 42K

Broken Goat, July 21st in Rossland, BC offers 25K and 50K

The Ironlegs and Moose Mountain races are in the same area and possible share some of the same course as Powderface that I ran last year.

I posted photos I took in the area both during the race and on hikes I took for post race recovery on FB
          Powderface 21K

Prairie View and Jewel Pass Trails

Upper Kananaskis Lake Loop

Ptarmigan Cirque

I'm leaning toward Rundle's Revenge. Ironlegs looks like a little more than I can handle with the vertical gain and Moose Mountain is the week before ARFTA which I'd like to go to this year.

ETA: Just checked and Broken Goat sold out the same day registration opened.

Thanks, good info.  June and July are out for me but something in August might be doable.  Going to poke around a little further.  Sounds like races in that area fill up quickly.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR