Trailer Trash

Soggy Saturday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Good afternoon, folks!  I hope you all are having a dryer day than here in DC.  Slight but steady rain this morning for 6 miles with the running group.  It was actually quite perfect running weather, and a friend was there so we chatted the entire way.   Slowed our pace somewhat but I think the legs needed it.   Now showered and had a big bowl of soup, I'm settled in for the day it seems.

qotd:  favorite dessert? and how often do you imbibe?   I have a sweet tooth, so this is a hard one for me.  Overall, it's fruit pies (cherry, blueberry, rhubarb-- I'm not picky),  but a dense chocolate brownie also hits the spot.    It's not an everyday thing- but having a cookie or a cup of cocoa at least is a pretty frequent occurrence.  Maybe it's not 'dessert' if don't eat it following dinner?

Occasional Runner

Trail run with the bride and our pups this morning. Then we split off and I ran some hilly roads on a roundabout loop back to the house. I'll do some cross training as I finish hanging drywall in my new man cave today. I can see the light at the end of tunnel on this project.

QOTD: Turtle cheesecake is my all time favorite. Back when I was a pig, I could sit down and kill an entire cheesecake by myself. These days, I might have a slice every couple of years but I probably think about it daily.

muppy

5.7 miles last night. It's a dry fall day in Hershey,PA was  The 67° early this morning,  now it is a nice 53°  day.

QOTD I make a delicious peach cobbler and we  usually eat the whole thing right away.

AT-runner

Tim

Cloudy and foggy here this morning with dropping temperatures. as 62* at start of run and 54* when we finished.  All the leaves are down on top of the mountain. Some trees still holding on at lower elevations. Crunchy run on mix of trail ans logging road. Saw a ranger out driving around on logging road and talked for a bit. He was checking into some sounds of automatic weapon fire. I didn't hear them, but he said someone was shooting off  an assault weapon in the woods. Ended up with around 8 miles and some good hill work.

QOTD:  Cookies. I'm a cookie fanatic. DW was a pastry chef and her cookies are awesome (she likes to say she won my heart through her baking). She has a Snickerdoodle cookie that I can't stay away from. After that pecan (pi-kahn not pee-can ) pie

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Planning on 7-8 miles on the road later this afternoon or evening.

QOTD:  Anything baked with Chocolate.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Decided at the last minute, i.e. an hour before race start, to run a local 5K despite not being race ready and still feeling fatigue from the week's workouts. It was a flat paved rails to trails course but I couldn't get up any speed to speak of. It was also a very small race with less than 50 runners. I finished 29th in 29:51. The one positive spot were my splits: 9:38, 9:41, 9:37, :55. Initially AG awards were given to only first place, but they had extras they wanted to get rid of, so 2nd and 3rd place AG finishers if there were any, also got medals. So all three in my AG took home hardware.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

So, I'm thinking there just might be a correlation between taking a couple days off running, getting a long nights sleep and getting in a great interval session. Had it really going today with some of my fastest work in quite awhile. Piled on the repeats and never lost any speed but figured I should finally quit while I still had a little left. Felt great and this week has been the start of an 8 week training plan getting ready for snowshoe racing. I was in the Arb late morning and it was pretty busy with runners and a lot of walkers. Had an older couple stop me and ask me if I had seen any turkeys today and where should they go to see some. 

QOTD--This could very well be my answer too with the only change being to make cookie plural. Not sure if I have ever had just one. 

I have a sweet tooth, so this is a hard one for me.  Overall, it's fruit pies (cherry, blueberry, rhubarb-- I'm not picky),  but a dense chocolate brownie also hits the spot.    It's not an everyday thing- but having a cookie or a cup of cocoa at least is a pretty frequent occurrence.  Maybe it's not 'dessert' if don't eat it following dinner?

some call me Tim

Alright! Sounds like a pretty good result, wc. You take the hardware where you can!

So remember yesterday I said I thought I was smart enough not to blow up at this 50k this year? Well, apparently not. Lots of issues out there, from nausea to

mid race port-a-letting(sitting down after 25 miles it felt like I was on the high seas in there!) to hamstrings that just wouldn't climb anymore, but the blame lays solidly with me. Last 10k lap was all guts. I'm kind of proud of that actually. Sometimes it's just gonna suck, no matter how you got there, but you're not gonna get any prizes for giving up. 4:55Tight lippedx, 10 mins slower than last year but I made it and I didn't barf. Plus my buddy won the 10k and my wife was first female in the 20k

QOTD: my wife's oatmeal scotchies, I just can't stop eating them

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

cheescake

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6 this morning...then stacked wood for 5 hours.  Heading out to get a turkey gringo and fries...then I' m ready for bed!

QOTD:  chocolate mouse...o r cheese cake..rarely get that chocolate mouse.

Tim:  good job on getting it done.  I've never had an issue with the nausea on the run (accept in extreme  heat and only when I stop) l guess I just don't push myself or I have enough fat to burn .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Thanks! My guess is it was the gels and the caffeine. Yech.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Forgot all about the QOTD.  I like most desserts and usually the sweeter, the better. Particular favorites are cherry and rhubarb pies and chocolate, especially creme-filled chocolates.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got called in for work on my day off.   So that was that for the run. I had just changed into my running clothes - I wish I had done that and left just 10 minutes earlier!

DH an my anniversary, so I could not really go run in the evening, either. Sacrifices, sacrifices. I hope it will at least count towards good karma.

Congrats, darg! Nice to tough it out.

QOTD: Dessert is the main course of a meal, right? 

Run for fun.