Trailer Trash

Merry Christmas Monday (Read 11 times)

runtraildc

Merry Christmas folks (and a belated happy Hanukkah and festivus!).  Been a mix of a few days of hotel gym workouts (too cold and windy during a brief stay in Madison) and rest stop laps. Got out for a run and hike with DH yesterday at his hometown park. They paved all the trails!!? WTF! It's a pretty little park in a river valley that I could get respectable mileage with some good climbs. Paving these hills just doesn't make sense.

qotd: best gift given or received this holiday season? We're not big present people, but DH is installing a new stereo-Bluetooth receiver in my car.  It will make it much easier to listen to my podcasts

GC100k

My girls (16 yr old twins) are so sweet. They make personalized and very thoughtful cards and gifts for everyone. They made me some fancy biscotti and chocolate/toffee covered pretzels.

We don't do much for presents. Everybody gets some socks and maybe a clothing article they needed.

I received a hydration vest. I had a feeling I was getting it. That feeling was because I bought it.

Sandy-2

Did 6 easy miles this morning.  Pretty quiet around here. We opened all our gifts last night while our DD was here.

qotd: our big gift was our family trip to NYC last month. We don’t usually do big things, but this was a special occurrence this year.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Merry Christmas everyone!

got a chilly 2-ish miles in early with Tiny E and survived a white knuckle 2 hour drive home- snowed the entire way and the roads really sucked 

qotd: got my DGS (he's 9) a video game he was really excited about, couldn't play it with him this trip- he kicks my butt anyways 

there's a rumor a Kimber Hunter in .308 is on it's way to Montana

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Merry Christmas. No run today. Got up had our traditional eggs Benedict for breakfast with two of the kids and then relaxed.we did presents last night with all three kids and significant others. Nice night.

QOTD: Got a new Dewalt drill driver that I needed since I broke my last one by dropping it from 16 feet.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spent a interesting day  at work.  No run or even laps in the parking lot.

Runtrail - I don't understand the need that some people have to pave everything.  Of course if I was in a wheelchair maybe i would.

GC - Not doing much for presents is the way to go. Less stress for everyone.  That's what I wanted to do this year but somehow it didn't end up that way.

Sandy - We did the same, but it was because of me and DD working today.

Warden - Since I believe that Kimbers are made in NY I will be working to amend the Pa gun laws to confiscate all that come through PA. But don't worry, that .308 will have a good home .

AT - Butter fingers.

QOTD: Life. Don't ask why. It's been one of those days.