Trailer Trash

AT's R2R2R Grand Canyon Adventure (Read 47 times)

hog4life

Wow! These type of reports really make me want to try this. Congratulations to you and your friend.

Watoni

Very inspiring and well done!

Sorry about your friend's troubles in the heat. If he likes Carbo pro then the Hydra C5 adds electrolytes, a touch of protein, etc. I mix Enervit GT powder into Carbo pro for electrolytes. If you sweat a lot or cramp I swear by Enervit G tabs.

If I can get healthy that might be something to try

AT-runner

Tim

Very inspiring and well done!

Sorry about your friend's troubles in the heat. If he likes Carbo pro then the Hydra C5 adds electrolytes, a touch of protein, etc. I mix Enervit GT powder into Carbo pro for electrolytes. If you sweat a lot or cramp I swear by Enervit G tabs.

If I can get healthy that might be something to try

Thanks for the suggestion.  He bikes a lot and usually uses Carbo Pro.  He was concerned about electrolytes and added in S Caps.  Our local bike shop only carries Carbo Pro, so I'll suggest he check out the website and get Hydra C5.

Hog - Thanks for reading.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Glad you had a great experience, AT - your report really captures what the R2R2R is like physically and mentally.  Thanks for the reminders of the magical North Rim water (sorry you didn't get to taste the lemonade) and stargazing sans headlamp below the South Rim - awesome moments.

Keep Going

Wow! What an awesome adventure and fabulous pictures AT! Great report!

100 milers are my favorite

XtremeTaper

Congrats on your adventure and the photos are fantastic! A few of them give this height exposed weenie the heebie jeebies. How was that aspect of the trail? It seems it would be a bit crazy the drop offs and exposure. I imagine myself frozen to the side of the cliff. LOL. Anyways great write up and summary of your experience.

Oh, so how was the golf game? Other than inconsequential.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Congrats on your adventure and the photos are fantastic! A few of them give this height exposed weenie the heebie jeebies. How was that aspect of the trail? It seems it would be a bit crazy the drop offs and exposure. I imagine myself frozen to the side of the cliff. LOL. Anyways great write up and summary of your experience.

Oh, so how was the golf game? Other than inconsequential.

XT - I love heights, so I had no issue with it.  Mark wasn't as thrilled with some sections on the NK.

Like these:

Golf went well.  I finished second out of 12 guys.  Great courses.

DD2 - Glad I was able to rekindle your memory.

keysone - Thanks.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Congrats on a successful crossing!  It's such a cool place.  I'd like to go back, someday.  There's also just so much other cool stuff to see and do.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.