Trailer Trash

Not Too Snowy Yet Tuesdaily (Read 33 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ready to brave the cold, 20 degrees and a very strong, gusty wind. I'll see how far I'll go (trying to get motivated by telling myself that I just have to run around the block once, about half a mile . Usually that then takes me on my run, as I don't mind the weather any more once I'm out there.)

Watoni: Hope your kiddo is all well again.

QOTD: We currently have two cats again, adopted the second one just a few days ago. Due to lease restrictions, we have not been able to replace our dog after he passed away several years ago.

A leopard lizard and three hermit crabs live in the household, too, and DH has an aquarium with about 10 fish.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

wimped out today with the wind; went to the gym and got in a treadmill fartlek run, plus weights.

qotd:  no pets.  Had a guinea pig for a while, but those don't live very long and he was middle aged when we got him.  Hubby's not fond of pets, but one day when he ticks me off, I'm coming home with a dog.  And it'll be a springer.

Harrier-  I hope that adoption comes through soon!  good luck!

I'm heading to the gym today.  I'd rather suck it up inside tonight than deal with 25+ mph winds and wind chills.

QOTD: I have a 5 year old chihuahua pug mix. He's a great hiker (went 19 miles total last week) but not a runner. That's okay with me.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

traildc, t&c: You were right to chose the dreadmill/gym over the outdoors.

It was freezing cold!! Especially where the wind whipped over the hill - first, it almost blew me over the hilltop, and then it literally took my breath away.

Warmed up after the first 2 or 3 miles, but was happy to be finished after 6.

I am not so sure about the Beast of Burden 100 any more. 

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not snowy but that didn't keep it from being cold: 28F with 15 mpw winds gusting to 25.

QOTD: no pets. Landlord does not permit pets. I probably wouldn't be a good pet owner anyway, so it's just as well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles in the headlamp, almost got to freezing today- a regular heat wave!

qotd: we have an old (12) pit bull Beve McQueen, he's now totally blind (starting noticing he was slowly losing his sight about five years ago), but he's happy (and lazy!)  in the past we've had several Labs that I hunted over, but this dog is by far the nicest dog we've owned

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

I am not so sure about the Beast of Burden 100 any more. 

Do it and I'll... well, I'm in for half that.