Trailer Trash

still thawing Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  still waiting for a real spring here.  Tested out a new running jacket last night on the trails -- got in a quick & hilly 4 miles.  Like the jacket (nike element shield).  DS took a hard fall early on-- a couple of rock punctures to the palm, hard slam to the hip.  He hopped around for a moment then recovered and said 'let's go'.  That's my boy! Smile.  Yoga at lunch and 6 planned with the running group tonight.

qotd:  Have you ever trained for a race, but forgotten to actually register?  I run a 10 miler road race (along a very beautiful parkway) most  every spring.  This year, a couple of weeks ago, registered DS so he can use it as a training race for his HM.  Turns out, I never actually registered myself!  Race almost sold out but I had to pay full price Angry

Occasional Runner

I'm in Baton ROuge this morning and am heading out for a 7 mile run in a park next to my hotel. It's 50 degrees and raining. Not ideal, but it's better than the treadmill.

QOTD: No, but I have registered for races and forgot to train.

Hi all,

Got in 9 last night, meant to wake up early today and snoozed about 10 times (not an exaggeration). So looks like I'll be heading out after work for about 6 miles before happy hour.

QOTD: No, but this year I signed up for 2 races on weekends I wouldn't be in town. Luckily, one race I was able to transfer my bib to a friend. The other one was a small race and gave the option of a) refund or b) donate my race fee to park preservation, so naturally I chose option b.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Thursday.  8 miles on the AT today.  27 degrees and less wind than yesterday. Doing some paper work, then heading down to the National's game in DC.  Go Nats!

dc - Is that race the Cherry Blossom 10 miler?

Lace - You need to start posting your flight mileage as well as your running mileage.

T&C - A run before Happy Hour + sleeping in = great day.

QOTD : No, but I did write down the wrong date on the calendar before and ended up losing 1 week of training.  I noticed the error 3 weeks before the race when I thought I had 4 weeks to go.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

heading down to the National's game in DC.  Go Nats!

dc - Is that race the Cherry Blossom 10 miler?

No, did the Cherry Blossom once, long ago.  That was enough.  My run is the George Washington Parkway Classic.  Starts at Mt Vernon and goes along the river.  Much smaller race and extraordinarily well managed.  If I'm running a road race, it has to meet those criteria (along with having a scenic route).

Have fun at the Nat's game!  And beware of the traffic!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I suppose I am using this week as a "cut back" week but not by design.  I am still dealing with an issue on my one foot from my LR last weekend.  I think the smart thing to do is not push it.  Next week I hope to get the miles in and see how I am feeling.  Things after this month may really change.  DW may be picking up more hours to work including some weekend hours and evening hours.  This may change the little precious time I do have to run.  Priorities, unfortunately, do not include races and the subsequent training.  But if I can make it work, I will.  Maybe getting up at 3am to get in LRs???

dc - DS is tough!

lace - baton rouge?

tnc - nice 9

AT - have fun at the game!

QOTD: No I haven't done that.  I am a little too preoccupied with registration dates.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in 7 this morning. Going to try and make it to the gym this afternoon.

so I just found out that my employer has signed me up for a training class in Chicago, week after next (thanks for giving me a heads up) So I'm going to miss out on volunteering at the Zion 100. Angry

Not a happy camper this morning.  I was checking out where I'll be staying at, it's in Schaumburg, IL, a couple blocks from Busse woods. Looks like most of the paths there are paved, but I'm sure I'll find some dirt somewhere.

QOTD: nope.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  headed to the hills this afternoon for a 6-ish miler, highs today approaching 60!

qotd: no, but I did register for a race this May, paid in full and was good to go- my DW, two days later when I commented on the race, reminded that was the day our oldest daughter was getting married!  the RD was cool about it and refunded my $ Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

AT- I'm at 80,000 air miles for the year so far. Looks like 2013 will be a new mileage PR.

AT-runner

Tim

DW may be picking up more hours to work including some weekend hours and evening hours.  This may change the little precious time I do have to run.  Priorities, unfortunately, do not include races and the subsequent training.  But if I can make it work, I will.  Maybe getting up at 3am to get in LRs???

Jamie - You'll make it work.  If you are like most of us, running is a much needed form of therapy and mind healing.  You'll fit it into your schedule some how, and you'll be a better husband and father for it.  Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

The pooch and I had a nice 8 mile trail run.  We ran some tough trail at an easy pace while Marley chased lots of squirrels.

QOTD: No never.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I waited until the temps creeped above 30, now I'm about to head out for a few miles. Nice and sunny, but still feels like winter!

QOTD: No, but I often register rather late than early.

Once I put the wrong date on my calendar and into my mind, briefed the family the day before, got up and dressed in the morning, just to realize it was the wrong weekend. So I got one more week of training, but in the spirit of being all perked up and ready to go, it was quite a bummer!

Run for fun.

Ultra Cowboy

Well it rained an inch during the night, and it is still raining.  I'm going to meet some friends for a headlamp run tonight at 7.  Destination originally planned to be an open hillside for a star and streetlights view but visibility issues may change that.

QOTD:  I don't usually register that far in advance and I don't do enough races to get confused.

WYBMADIITY

Save

muppy

Hey everybody!

SRD for me, gonna go for a hike a bit later and got yoga tonight.

QOTD actually I forgot to register for my goal race last year, then it sold out. Did find another half for that day in same area, so all was well!

Watoni

I'm in Baton ROuge this morning and am heading out for a 7 mile run in a park next to my hotel. It's 50 degrees and raining. Not ideal, but it's better than the treadmill.

QOTD: No, but I have registered for races and forgot to train.

55 and raining here ... we will see. I bailed on the 4am start to do the Ninja Run in Marin due to work, but I am hoping to get in 10-15 later today. I will be on vacation starting Saturday, then next Saturday is Lake Sonoma. I would have liked to do a 30 mile + training run at some point, but i think that would be counterproductive with a little over a week to go. I am going find new routes in Huddart Park/Phleger Estate instead.

QOTD: +1 for Lace Up's experience -- forgot, or got buried at work