Trailer Trash

2016 100-Milers: To Insanity and Beyond! (Read 52 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Here we go again, our annual "Hey look, everyone, I've lost my mind - again!"-thread.

So if you've lost your heart and mind to 100-mile running, do not hesitate to let the world know, and enter your planned endeavors (date, race name, location, distance) below. I'll add it onto our list for everyone to follow!

Mandy, please "Sticky" this thread. Thanks!

The List

April

2-3: Umstead 100, Rayleigh, NC: EatDrinkRunWoman

25-26: Salt Flats 100, Wendover, UT: valerienv

May

14-15: Massanutten Mountain Trail 100, Fort Valley, VA: keystonerunner

28-29: Sole Challenge 24 hr, Fayetteville, PA: AT-Runner (and wife)

August

12-16: Bigfoot 200, Mt. St. Helens, WA: EatDrinkRunWoman

13-14: Eastern States 100, Waterville, PA: keystonerunner

October

7-9: Grindstone 100, Staunton, VA: keystonerunner, Sandy-2

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I are once again doing the Sole Challenge 24HR race on Memorial Day Weekend.  Looking to add another 24hr event as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

April 2-3 -- Umstead (hoping to go sub 24)

August 12-16 -- Bigfoot 200 (hoping to get the DNF monkey off my back)

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Salt Flats in April

Maybe something in the Fall,  I'm not sure yet .

Keep Going

Awesome welcome 2016!

I got MMT 100 in May and Eastern States 100 in August. I'm considering Grindstone 100 in October to finish out what I like to call the GEM slam. 

100 milers are my favorite

XtremeTaper

I am in the MMT lottery this year. I suspect I will get in even if wait listed as I have 2 finishes which moves me up just a bit on the wait list priority. But I'd rather just picked for once. I never once hit a lottery for a 100 miler. 5 or 6 WS misses, 2 MMT misses. By 2 races there I got in through the wait list.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Keep Going

DW and I are once again doing the Sole Challenge 24HR race on Memorial Day Weekend.  Looking to add another 24hr event as well.

AT you should check out Montour 24 in Danville. It's a fantastic event and the RD David Walker is such a great guy and awesome ultrarunner. I did the 12 hour day last year and a few friends did the 24 hour event and I'm not much on timed events or really short loops but it was so fun!!

XtremeTaper

Decided to switch gears and registered for Mohican 100 today. June 18-19. So I am just going to let my name drop off the MMT list.

flauta

I am thinking of running the Vermont 100 in July.  Has anyone run it?  Any thoughts?  Would you do it again?  Thanks

XtremeTaper

I am thinking of running the Vermont 100 in July.  Has anyone run it?  Any thoughts?  Would you do it again?  Thanks

Ha, there was a rave review done by lace-up last year. I don't think he liked it very much. Understatement of the year.

That said, I guess it depends what sort of race you are looking for. I do believe much of the course is gravel/dirt roads, so if you are looking for single track it may not be your type of race. I've known some other runners that liked the course, and being out there with the horses, so it's a matter of perspective, and expectations.

Keep Going

I know many folks on my trail team (TrailWhippass) who absolutely LOVE that race to pieces. Many of them did the race as their first 100. I prefer mountainous single track so it's not my type of course. Seems folks either love it or loath it. I have never run it but I've heard it's a lot harder then it looks on paper.