Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 32 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I got in 8 miles on the dirt roads.  Lots of rolling hills.  Muzzle loader is back in for a few weeks so my trail time is limited to Sundays once again Sad

Only heard a few blasts today. I don't worry as much with muzzle loader because they can only soot so far and should be able to see me easily. Also about an 80% drop in hunters in my woods when muzzle loader comes in.  I know some areas are higher, but doesn't seem to be as big an option near me.

Enjoy your Sunday trails.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I got in 8 miles on the dirt roads.  Lots of rolling hills.  Muzzle loader is back in for a few weeks so my trail time is limited to Sundays once again Sad

Here in PA the late Muzzleloader season is really a Flintlock season. All the equipment is supposed to be primitive so the hunter has to get fairly close to the animal. In my experience most of the hunters out in the woods for this season are more dedicated and less likely to take snap shots. For my part I'll wear orange and not worry too much about it unless I see a group hunting together. Be aware that they do not have to wear orange as the game commission considers this season to be very safe.  For me I'd just wear orange and stay on established trails and I'm hoping to get up on the mountain where there may be hunters.

charlesmoman

10 miles in 2:09 after doing 18 miles yesterday. My miles ranged from 11:48 - 13:47. Miles 5 - 8 were all exactly 13:10 - I am working to keep a very steady pace for long periods of time. So far that is going well - I would like to be in the 12s for as long as possible and that will come. That is really slow compared to my real runner friends, but I am happy with that.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 miles on trails and bike path, some of it with DD. I had all kids with me, and at first I had to be patient (doing something that only remotely resembled intervals), but once they had found themselves something to do while I was running 2/3 to 1-mile laps around them, it worked just fine. The nice weather (52 degrees and sunshine) really helped. I was wearing shorts again, yay!!

QOTD: I have a coupon for the LRS, and I'll get shoes. I hope I'll get two pairs on sale out of the amount, one for road, one for trails. Just not sure about the size, I might have moved up half a size again.   A side effect of the long distances - I'll call it a recreational hazard.

Run for fun.

Here in PA the late Muzzleloader season is really a Flintlock season. All the equipment is supposed to be primitive so the hunter has to get fairly close to the animal. In my experience most of the hunters out in the woods for this season are more dedicated and less likely to take snap shots. For my part I'll wear orange and not worry too much about it unless I see a group hunting together. Be aware that they do not have to wear orange as the game commission considers this season to be very safe.  For me I'd just wear orange and stay on established trails and I'm hoping to get up on the mountain where there may be hunters.

I definitely feel like it's a safer season, I just try to stay out of the way out of courtesy.  Really small community and I don't want to be "that guy" ruining someone's hunt.  There are definitely ok places to go, there are some decent XC ski trails around here that are usually hunter free, but if I see trucks in the parking area, I usually keep on down the road just to be on the safe side.

Only heard a few blasts today. I don't worry as much with muzzle loader because they can only soot so far and should be able to see me easily. Also about an 80% drop in hunters in my woods when muzzle loader comes in.  I know some areas are higher, but doesn't seem to be as big an option near me.

Enjoy your Sunday trails.

Yeah, it's not a "huge" season here, but the people who do it take it pretty seriously.  I heard a few blasts this morning, but I also live near a rifle range so that's nothing new Smile Could've been either or.  I WILL enjoy those Sunday trails! Seems to be a quiet laid back day in the ANF usually, no matter what season.  Thanks!

hog4life

Here's a pic of Bella and a little piece of the trail behind us.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Your Bella is very beautiful, hog Smile

Running is dumb.

Watoni

I did get in 5 on some crazy crowded trails here in Socal .... decent run under the circumstances ... nice dog!