Trailer Trash

Terrific Thursdalies (Read 20 times)

Sandy-2

It is supposed to pour rain from tropical storm Nate for 4 days the day we start backpacking on the AT.  Ugh.  Trying to decide if we should stick to the original trip or plan something else in the next 24 hours.  We're supposed to leave tomorrow.  What would you do?

I thought getting rained on was a part of multi-day hiking. Whenever I have been in the Appalachian Mtn area of TN, NC and VA (day hikes or a run) it was always raining.    Actually exactly one year ago that included hours of rain due to the outer bands of a hurricane making its way up the east coast - it was also kinda grey and very windy.  Have fun whatever you do!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - what is plan "B"?  Where are you starting and ending?  AT has a lot of cover if rain is light, but if heavy rain, it's  not a fun place to be. Shelters won't be too bust this time of year since thru-hikers are mostly finished or finishing. Only section hikers around now.

I guess plan B is to head West.  I don't think we're going to go to the AT.  I'm fine with some rain, but not 4 days of hurricane pouring when we're only out for 6 days and it's supposed to be a fun vacation.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

27.9 Miles on the bike. Would have done some more but DW claims she's allergic to rain and will melt and there was some showers passing through so we didn't go quite as far as I wanted to.

Dd - How long does battery hold up on DW's bike?

On Sunday it was fully charged and we did 31.2 miles. This morning it was down to two bars out of 5. When we left this afternoon it was on five bars but hadn't quite finished charging.  It's now on 4 bars and the computer says that she could go another 21-29 miles depending on the setting.

The official range is between 30-65 miles I believe, depending of course on the setting that you use.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I guess plan B is to head West.  I don't think we're going to go to the AT.  I'm fine with some rain, but not 4 days of hurricane pouring when we're only out for 6 days and it's supposed to be a fun vacation.

Prolly smart move.  I ran a few weeks back on the AT and in a matter of 30 minutes of heavy rain, the trail was pure mud and huge puddles.  While it was fun to run in, I cannot imagine 4 days of hiking in it.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday