Trailer Trash

Ladybug Wednesdaily (Read 27 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a nice almost 6 this morning.  The ground is still wet and the air is crisp...lovin it!

QOTD:  I wear my only brown running outfit with my white mittens.   I'm trying to help my husband become rich!

LB2:  Let those boys dry out...start going commando...use baby powered...sleep in the nude!   You need to get rid of that soon...can't image how uncomfortable running a 100 will be.    and don't scratch them!

Jamie:  Dam you!!!  I even took an extra loop to add the .5 to the normal run. 

AT:  Perfect

Valerie:  Nice to see you around...ultra sign up is trying to tell me to run the Rim Trail Race...I know you gave up on it last year but how about this year?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB2:  Let those boys dry out...start going commando...use baby powered...sleep in the nude!   You need to get rid of that soon...can't image how uncomfortable running a 100 will be.    and don't scratch them!

All those sports bra jokes are coming back to haunt me, Sue. Damn it!! BUT, we already have a solution.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

Worked early, so I'm off now and about to head out into a wonderfully warm, sunny afternoon for a few trail miles. Hoping that DH will take care of the kids... 

I've had that Ladybug infestation on my car, too, about two or three weeks ago. A huge swarm surrounding just me and my car at the trailhead. I fought through the cloud and kept throwing little bugs out the window on my way home, but when I took a shower, another bug still came out of my hair. Pests!

LB2: I don't want to go too much into detail, but my youngest DS occasionally has a yeast infection on his most valuable part. I use 1% Clotrimazole cream (plain Athlete's foot cream, 88 ct at Walmart) to get rid of it. Usually works within a few days. If not, Monistat cream (the stuff for the female counterpart) should help. Nasty infection, not fun. I hope you'll get rid of it well before your 100-miler!

AT: I read "skipped the beer run and had beer at lunch instead"...

Jamie: Seal the bedroom? Get onto the attic/floor? I won't ask what your "other" life looks like... 

Valerie: Great to see you back! Wonderful pictures!

QOTD: I wear my orange hat, and an orange vest if I run on remote trails. Saw a fully fledged bow hunter yesterday, camo suit with leaves and all, looked quite impressive.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Valerie - gorgeous!

runtrailsdc - I think I would have preferred the black n white photos from WWII.  My grandfather was a WWII vet and I loved to hear stories.

Mandy - 8-10 miles? Good for you!

queen - adding .5 mile to your normal loop?? yeah, that will do it.  

LB2 - wait, what's this? You have a vagina? Ok funny story, DS1 (soon turning 11) is rather naive (the way we like it btw) and very impulsive (definitely do not like this) and will repeat anything he hears at school.  The other day as he is playing in the backyard I hear him yelling at the top of his lungs "Mangina! Mangina!"    I had to pull him aside and ask if he knew what that meant.  Of course he didn't.  We'll have that conversation later after a few other conversations - just stop yelling to that so the whole neighborhood can hear you.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

LB2 - wait, what's this? You have a vagina? Ok funny story, DS1 (soon turning 11) is rather naive (the way we like it btw) and very impulsive (definitely do not like this) and will repeat anything he hears at school.  The other day as he is playing in the backyard I hear him yelling at the top of his lungs "Mangina! Mangina!"    I had to pull him aside and ask if he knew what that meant.  Of course he didn't.  We'll have that conversation later after a few other conversations - just stop yelling to that so the whole neighborhood can hear you.

HAHAHA. I have been thinking I may be growing one. I live in a house full of women.

LB2

LB2

LB2: I don't want to go too much into detail, but my youngest DS occasionally has a yeast infection on his most valuable part. I use 1% Clotrimazole cream (plain Athlete's foot cream, 88 ct at Walmart) to get rid of it. Usually works within a few days. If not, Monistat cream (the stuff for the female counterpart) should help. Nasty infection, not fun. I hope you'll get rid of it well before your 100-miler!

If I don't get this under control, I don't know if I will be able to run. However, I think I got something to knock it out. And on that note, I truly believe that the relief gained from getting it knocked out will make running the 100 a pleasant experience, seriously. This is ridiculous. But then again, that is what I thought about having that dental work done, which is why I was on the antibiotic that caused this. I swear I am falling apart.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You recently posted a picture of your three daughters and they are beautiful!  I think you should get a Genetic Test done. 

HAHAHA. I have been thinking I may be growing one. I live in a house full of women.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

... I should probably keep to myself, but since we are all friends.... I have a freakin' yeast infection ....  

Dang LB, but perhaps you'll have a new beaver story to talk about on that upcoming 100 miler...  

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

I had run too many days in a row but I had the time after work and it was just so effin' nice out so I did some hill repeats. I knew I didn't want to run long so up and down like a yo-yo I went. A good workout in a short time. Rest day tomorrow for sure.

Wow, male yeast infection. Freaks me out a little. I worried about a few things in my youthful days but never that. 

QOTD--No worries. We have some sort of hunting seasons starting Sep 1 and most places I run are open for hunting. Most of the time just an orange hat if I remember. Only the opening weekend of our general deer gun season is a time to hit the urban trails or sometimes some road work. Couple county parks can be ok too.  We have had this discussion many times and I just don't think all the worries are warranted.  As I have said before a bullet travels faster than the speed of sound so if you hear the shot you're fine, the bullet is already past you. 

Wisconsin--arguably #1 whitetail deer hunting state, #4 turkey hunting state, #1 ruffed grouse state, etc. 800,000 hunters and not a single hunting firearm related death for all of 2014. Of course plenty of hunters having heart attacks, falling out of trees and off bar stools, and half the firearm injuries are self inflicted, others are members of their own party, and some of the others really aren't accidents at all after the investigation. The random accidental shooting of a stranger is extremely rare. I am just not concerned.  But auto related deaths.....I'm concerned.

Uh oh... now what?

We went to a state park that was not used this past summer.  If the budget woes keep it closed next summer, the pavement will be hidden in the plants.  No mileage, 75-90 minutes.

Scribbled later:  http://rungentlyoutthere.com/balanced-time/

QOTD:  I stay out of the woods where hunting is allowed.

LB2

Dang LB, but perhaps you'll have a new beaver story to talk about on that upcoming 100 miler...  

Whoa!!! I forgot about that beaver, what a bizarre thing that was. I'm headed in the right direction now. I can't say I had an itchy beaver as an excuse for not finishing next weekend. We are good to go. And running 100 miles will be an added relief.

LB2

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Sue - Me and the TRT just don't get along . I might volunteer this year if nothing else comes up . You should do it , it's a great time . There is a new connecter trail that might eliminate the Red House nasty downhill . I'll see the RD next week and ask him if they are going to use it , it would make the course just that much nicer.

Valerie:  Nice to see you around...ultra sign up is trying to tell me to run the Rim Trail Race...I know you gave up on it last year but how about this year?

Thanks all for the picture comments . Another storm on the way Monday so any more pictures until spring up there will be taken from snowshoes .

NHLA

8 miles mostly downhill

qotd  fav. Ox-Bow Incident. Last movie I watched with Dad.

worst can't remember name but Julia Roberts was an art teacher in a girls school. I would have walked but trying to keep DW happy.