Trailer Trash

So long 2016 Saturday. (Read 22 times)

LB2

Rain is on its way. I'll try to get 5 before the bottom falls out. I really want to run after a good soaking rain to get that new trail muddy and work it in a little bit. But I don't think it will stop before midnight once it starts. Maybe tomorrow will be a good, muddy run.

QOTD: What, if any, do you have slated for your goal race/races in 2017, or what running goals are you setting for 2017?

Pinhoti is my goal race in November; I am already registered. So, I'll be there barring any unforeseen episodes. My main goal is to run consistently through 2017. I ran consistently in 2016, but I haven't run any significant mileage since February. I didn't even make 1000 miles this year. I think I made it 928 miles of logged miles, which is horrible.

LB2

Sandy-2

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Got up and did 20 miles this morning.  At the start it was drizzling but then switched to full rain at about mile 10.  So LB2, it's on its way over there I guess.

My back felt really good and I think my legs are back under me - finally!!!!  First 'normal' run since Grindstone.  Fingers crossed.

qotd: I've got two 100s I'm thinking about, but obviously need to get the exact dates before I pull the trigger. I'm thinking on doing one of them, but of course my running buds are pushing me to do both!  Such enablers.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

6.2 miles around the local college. It's about 30° which was nice, but a brisk 30 mph winds and flurries so I did some speed work to stay warm.

QOTDI believe I will do perhaps the dirty German 50 K in the spring and I would like to do something longer  toward the end of the year. However that all depends on me staying healthy which I seem to have trouble doing

AT-runner

Tim

Didn't make the full 20 today, but had nice long run probably over 16.  Some ice and snow on spots of the trails made for slow going, and my friend had to get back early (per his wife) to do some work around the house.

Happy New Year !!!

QOTD:  Planning on a 48hr event Memorial Day weekend and maybe do some races before to get ready.  After that I need to get surgery on my right shoulder and that will shut me down for a while. Tentatively planning on June for that. I've been putting it off for a while now and it's time to get it fixed.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Busy, busy night at work. Came home, fell into bed and died for awhile. Got up, looked at my biking miles for the year and realized that I needed to bike 1211.3 miles to make my goal for the year . Decided on a quick 30 minute spin that got me a little over 801 miles for the year.  A 2000 mile goal was unrealistic but I had hoped to do better.

QOTD: Nothing is finalized. At this point I may do a race in February depending on the weather. One planned for the beginning of April and the Delaware Triple Crown for the end of April. After that the only major race that I really have plans for is the Montour 12 hour.  That may be derailed by some professional issues cropping up that could take me out of the area over that week end. After that I don't really have anything planned except trying to get back on the real trails a little more.

The Sole challenge is also a option but just the 6 hour version. The problem is that it's a bad weekend to work it in so that will be a last minute signup if I do decide to do it.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had a beautiful 8 miler on the AT this morning.  Sunshine and 40*.  Nice start to the year.

We rang in the New Year on the Square in Gettysburg.

Shaved the white beard until next Fall.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy New Years everyone!

Got a nice 6-ish miles in yesterday with a buddy in Missoula- packed in places, post holing in others.  Took my grandson to the new Star Wars movie- two thumbs up from us.  Drove back home this morning, fought some crappy roads (only to get worse I'm sure).  It's 11 degrees with a windchill of 10 below zero currently, so will get on the treadmill this afternoon.  This breaks my four year streak of getting the new year mileage on the first day of the year- oh well.

qotd: I'm focused on the Bob Marshall Open now- my training will be geared towards it- plenty of trail running, but with as much snowshoeing/back country skiing with a pack as possible.  As far as trail races- I think I'm going to stick to my 20-ish mile races again this year- I had no injuries and I tend to finish better than with 30+ mile races for some reason.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

10 miles yesterday at Pisgua Forest and 14 miles today DuPont Forest.

qotd   Frosbite 10k  or yedi or not 25k in jan. not sure witch one I'll run they are on the same weekend. No plans after that.