Trailer Trash

First FRIDAY (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

You forgot to tell her to 'get off my lawn!'.

Sue is an old lady!! Ya whopper snapper!! I am as old as that old man you care for!!!

Just dropping in to say that since I'm not running (and very unmotivated to go to the gym).  However, I did sign up for a ten miler in August, being optimistic and all.

qotd:  no comment

AT-runner

Tim

Just dropping in to say that since I'm not running (and very unmotivated to go to the gym).  However, I did sign up for a ten miler in August, being optimistic and all.

qotd:  no comment

Q - What do you do while recovering from an injury?

A - Sign up for a race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  I hope to get in something tonight.  Been kinda stuck in the same route through the hood lately.  Just convenient I suppose.

dc - seriously? It takes getting hurt to sign up for a 10 miler? good for you though.

QOTD: 166 for June and 718ish for the year which is a bit behond but I took January light on purpose.  Need to keep ramping.  Hyner 50k in April was good.  OC 100k in October and I am thinking about Montour 12 hour in a few weeks but on the fence.

I may be off the grid next week.  Going on vaca.  Undecided if I want to just stay away from the net completely.  I need a break...from everything.

Have a great weekend, 4th, week...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I am thinking about Montour 12 hour in a few weeks but on the fence.

Uh Oh. Looks like all the real runners are going to show up . First Keystone now you. I better get training.

If your thinking about it don't think too long, registration closes the 9th and if you're doing the day there is only 4 more slots left.

Sandy-2

My slow decline has continued, this is unbelievable!!  On top of everything else lately, I have somehow come down with a urinary tract infection.  On antibiotics so now on the mend. This is so crazy, I'm usually as healthy as an ox.

After suffering through a few runs babying my PF, and stopping to pee at every bathroom I passed (3 in 5 mi), I've tanken 2 days off. I may get out for a few tomorrow.  We'll see.

qotd: 73 miles in June and 858 year to date. I have no yearly goal, just wondering if I'll be able to get to the start line of UTMF in Sept.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

On top of everything else lately, I have somehow come down with a urinary tract infection.  On antibiotics so now on the mend. .

What antibiotic are you on? Fluoroquinolones like Cipro, commonly prescribed for UTIs,  have a nasty side effect of making one more susceptible to tendon injuries, swelling or tearing. That can last for weeks after the end of the antibiotic course.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I hiked for 30 minutes in the heat.

QOTD: The first half of the year sucked donkey balls. But, I am looking forward to the second half.

LB2