Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Harrier - yes, at Donald.  Also, if you head out there...there are two trees down on the singletrack that follows the creek if you head left after the bridge.  Very difficult to get around with a dog on a leash.

Running is dumb.

Ultra Cowboy

Did a track work out last night in the misty rain.  Got pretty soaked doing 600/200 x 5 after a mile warm up .

I own 2 pairs of gaiters.  I don't wear them as much as I have in the past but I should.  The Annual grasses are hellacious come June, July and August.  Ripgut Brome is the worst when it gets in your sock.

WYBMADIITY

Save

sugnim

Good morning all.  I have an awesome 6 miles in a thunderstorm yesterday.  Here is a photo of the storm rolling in.  Once the thunder was right over head, it really got my adrenaline going & made me run faster.  I had so much fun, and I wish I could post the scent of the sweet grass here for you.  I absolutely love running in the grassy hills on rainy days!

QOTD:  For me, it isn't political.  It's my family.  And discussing my family is the same for me as it is for you.  I am happy with the Supreme Court rulings today as it brings millions of American families closer to the equal protection that our great constitution guarantees.  My wife, my son, and I will all have to wait until equality comes to our state, but that doesn't stop us from cherishing our lives together, which is about love & life, not politics.

Gaiters: Nope.  I just stop & shake the rocks out of my shoes now and then.

AT-runner

Tim

...cherishing our lives together, which is about love & life, not politics.

Well said. Smile

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

under a rock

Just a very short walk with the dogs today. Next I'm off to the ortho for some xrays of my back. I hope that it really is just muscular imbalance wreaking havoc, fingers crossed the xrays show nothing going on.

QOTD #1: I am very happy with SCOTUS today. I hope it will pave the way for more marriage equality country wide.

QOTD #2: I have 2 pairs of gaiters and only use them on long runs. We have lots of debris on our trails so they come in handy when running long. Also, like someone else mentioned, getting grass seeds stuck in my socks bothers me more than a rock in my shoe.

Daydreamer1

Got in 6.8 miles on the road. Ran almost 5, met DW and walked the rest. Ended up just dripping wet. Now out to mow the lawn and repair shed doors. Why, oh why does it always have to be so humid when I have outside work to do?

QOTD 1 :  No. That what Rush Limpballs and Wolf Blitzer are for. (Or insert your most and least favorite pundits in there.) I personally hate them all.

QOTD 2:  I've never had enough of a problem to feel the need for them. Although that may change this winter, isnce I want to run more in the snow and can see a need for them then.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5+ miles on some overgrown trails early this morning.

QOTD(s): I hate politics.  I recently started wearing DGGs.  I actually have an "extra" pair if anyone wants them.  I had originally ordered an XL and the thread started to unravel before I ever wore them.  I contacted the company and sent a picture and they sent me a new pair.  They did not have the same color/design in XL so I told them a L was fine.  Turns out L fits me well.  The XL would be too big for my skinny ankles.  Sooooo...if anyone wants a pair of DGGs (black with electric blue streaks)...let me know.  The unravelling thread probably could be fixed or won't get any worse.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I haven't run yet today. I may run tonight after cutting the grass, etc. I don't know yet.

QOTD:

Politics (Inferred question 1): I guess I should care more about the issue because it impacts a great number of people. But, basically, you have the legal ramifications of two consenting adults who have made a commitment to one another versus the religious definition of marriage. The people involved in a relationship want some public validation of their relationship (I guess), and religious groups want the concept of marriage that is traditional to be the only standard (I know this). I am just trying to take care of the things I need to take care of, and I don't care what anyone else does as long as it doesn't infringe on my right to do what I want and doesn't cost me any money.

Question 2: I only wear gaiters to same sex marriage wedding receptions.

LB2

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Question 2: I only wear gaiters to same sex marriage wedding receptions.

I like what you did there...lol

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

LOL LB2

15 miles on forests trails, through thigh-high grass on overgrown fields, and mostly overlooking the sea. I didn't shower afterwards, but took the kids to a very small forest lake and swam there for a while. Afterwards, I set up a great traditional Swedish fare recovery meal:  pickled herring,boiled potatoes, and herb-infused vodka. Tomorrow we're going back to Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, where I hope to find some forest single-track.

QOTD1: I think the world is better with more love. And more freedom. 'nuf said.

QOTD2: I bought a pair of gaiters once, and used them once. I don't really see the need for them, and they make my feet too hot.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

NorthernHarrier

So after all the rain here of the last several days I figured to run on the roads as the trails would be a complete quagmire following our deludge of this morning. LOL! My 10k route on the roads was flooded in two spots. Running the roads in ankle deep water. Jeesh! And how come road runners in their fancy running outfits never say hi and even avoid eye contact. Asses! Trail peeps rock!

I also found it a little humorous when I passed near the hospital a bunch of medical professionals in their uni's were on the park land enjoying their smoke break. That's a bizarre look. Probably a future QOTD-who here has ever smoked(cigarettes).

I'm OK now. Big grin Found an ancient cotton running shirt and shorts and I'm heading out to pressure wash the house now. Better get something done around here during my sabbatical so my wife doesn't change the locks.

And regarding the QOTD, even though this is not my issue I am in agreement with Mandy( as usual). We are pretty much clones politically.

Misty

Nothing for me...my son woke up with a fever so my mom came and sat with the kids while I worked for a couple of hours. If dh gets home at a decent time I'll go out for 6-7 this evening.

QOTD #1: YAY!!!!!!!!!!

QOTD #2: I'm new to trails, but in the runs/races I've done so far I haven't needed them. They're pretty darn cute though.

Misty

Bless your heart.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all.  I have an awesome 6 miles in a thunderstorm yesterday.  Here is a photo of the storm rolling in.  Once the thunder was right over head, it really got my adrenaline going & made me run faster.  I had so much fun, and I wish I could post the scent of the sweet grass here for you.  I absolutely love running in the grassy hills on rainy days!

QOTD:  For me, it isn't political.  It's my family.  And discussing my family is the same for me as it is for you.  I am happy with the Supreme Court rulings today as it brings millions of American families closer to the equal protection that our great constitution guarantees.  My wife, my son, and I will all have to wait until equality comes to our state, but that doesn't stop us from cherishing our lives together, which is about love & life, not politics.

Gaiters: Nope.  I just stop & shake the rocks out of my shoes now and then.

Sugnim - That is an amazing picture. The sky is crying or is it shedding tears of joy. Rain in the right amount is a good thing afterall.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Irish Luck

6+ soupy miles planned after work tonight, then mowing the lawn to "cool down." 

QOTD1: Happy and feel that the SCOTUS made a good decision.

QOTD2: Nope. Never worn gators and that is probably a bad decision on my part.  Black eye

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and Earl got in 4.5 after days of partying (me not Earl).  It has rained the last two days and there was bear prints on part of the trail.  I know they are there but it's cool when you see signs of them.  As I got to the tiop of the hill I looked back and there were low clouds stuck in the valleys so it looks like lakes.  They was also cool.  sugnim reminded me whow sweet the air smelled this am.

QOTD1:   embarrased to say....what's so important today?  OK I guessed right. And I think all people have a right to share the pain of marriage.  Big grin

QOTD2:    No rarely have problems with stuff getting in my shoes.

runtraildc:  Yes I also procastinate, that's why I am here right now instead of working.  Wink

Mandy:  Is that you?  Looks like a little girl.

:sugnim 

LB2:  Good one on the QOTD2.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄