Trailer Trash

Monday??? (Read 14 times)

LB2

Timed out at PinHOTi. I had a great time on the course, though. Report to come later. I ran 6 miles this morning.

QOTD: Do you generally have a good attitude when things do not go your way?

Yes. I will explain later...

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Can't believe Burke ran this morning..I would have taken a couple of days off.  No run today..it is usually my rest day but mu plan is to run after a long run to kinda back to back things bur my god!  I am old and sore today.  Will hit the gym at lunch.

QOTD:  Well it depends on how bad I wanted something.  Life in general I feel I have had a good life so when things go bad it's ok as I am still ahead.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Took a SRD yesterday so I might run after work today.  We'll see.

Below are some vacation photos from last week. Hope you like them.

LB2, glad to hear you are ok, sorry about the hot conditions last weekend.

qotd: Yeah, I'm usually ok unless there is something unfair about it.

Santa Fe:

Pueblo trail marker near Albuquerque:

Albuquerque:

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

SRD usually on Monday's but I have to have the last of my crowns done tomorrow at 8:00, so may run later. Should be in the chair for a few hours, yippee!

LB - sorry about the race.

QOTD:  "When things don't go as expected, sometimes you need to change your expectations." I usually live by that. I'm a very optimistic person and that helps.  Luckily DW is the same, and we can roll with the punches.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

No run yesterday, not yet today, but I will log at least a few miles to shake things out. Did some lawn work after all the rains this weekend. And met with an HVAC guy to get an estimate. Damn AC systems cost more than a used car..

LB- sorry about the race, but it sounds as if you have a great attitude about it. Life not being a destination but a journey, etc. 

qotd: Mostly. For the reasons Queen described. But I like to have a plan B to move on towards if Plan A doesn't go my way. And if idiots are involved, well then, I'm usually especially annoyed.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya!  I ran a little bit over the weekend.  Also got out for a bike ride.  I had various niggles and twinges through both activities, but no lingering pain, so that's a small win.

AT -- I feel your pain.  I just had a tooth pulled two weeks ago.  Today I have to go get the stitches out.  In a few months I have to go get the implant put in.  Then I have to go get the crown.  Did I mention I had two other crowns done earlier this year?  Just shoot me now.

QOTD: Depends on the circumstances.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  I will run prolly a mile or two later.  Legs are trashed.

LB - sorry but 6 miles this morning? Already?

QOTD: Life is a Journey. Generally I do but I guess it depends on if it was my own doing, someone else's fault or just how it ended up.  I get more upset due to my own stupid mistakes than others - when related to running anyways.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

6.3 miles around town

QOTD if I’m on the happy spiritual mountain top I can handle anything. If I’m in a spiritual shithole, not so much.

Daydreamer1

Rough nite at work, came home exhausted, fell into bed and died. Finally just crawled out feeling . Wanted to go out hunting but it's raining and the wind is blowing completely the wrong way so it's like why bother.  Don't have the energy at this point for a run, so if I don't decide to go out hunting in the next few minutes I'll probably try a walk and see if a run happens. I know I'll feel better if I move, but damn it's hard to get going.

Mandy - Any other dental implants?  I've always said that I'd never get dentures if I could help it so if I ever lose any teeth I'll have to get implants.

QOTD:  Not really to tell the truth.  Like right now I'm kind of pissed off because this hunting season is going rather crappy for me.  I'm not too good on my knees at work, so I get screwed over quite often by management. I don't shrug that off very easily.  That being said I do try to look for silver linings in the clouds but rarely find a true one.

On the running front I'll get down when things don't go good for me, but there I'll bounce back pretty fast.  Like last year I didn't get in the training that I wanted and needed for my 50 mile run.  I actually embraced the DFL I got there, and have no problems telling people that the guy that finished in front of me was a 76 year old.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - Any other dental implants?  I've always said that I'd never get dentures if I could help it so if I ever lose any teeth I'll have to get implants.

Nope, this is my first.  They cost a pretty penny though.  I recommend keeping your teeth as long as possible. 

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nope, this is my first.  They cost a pretty penny though.  I recommend keeping your teeth as long as possible. 

DW works at a dentist office in the financial department.  She tells me about some of the work people need and how much it costs them.  Wowzers!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

AT -- I feel your pain.  I just had a tooth pulled two weeks ago.  Today I have to go get the stitches out.  In a few months I have to go get the implant put in.  Then I have to go get the crown.  Did I mention I had two other crowns done earlier this year?  Just shoot me now.

I'm with you, this will be my 4th crown this year.  I had 3 gold crowns that were put in many years ago and they were causing damage to the teeth opposed to them resulting in the one extra crown.  After tomorrow, I can go to the pawn shop and see if I can get a few buck to offset the price of the new work. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I power hiked and ran (more hike) 18 miles yesterday. I am behind in training, and...I want to catch up all at once.

Timely QOTD....I had planned to run 10 tonight after work. But neither of my parents felt well, and I decided I should go home instead. Glad I did. This move has not been easy for them, and their health is failing at an alarming rate. I'm ok with that...I will do as much as I can for them while I can.

LB: sorry your race did not go as expected.

Queen: I feel old and tired today too! I dream of being 50 again...I felt better at 50. I know that sounds old to all of you youngsters. Anyone younger than that who is feeling old...you really are not.

Nice pics, Sandy. Love that very runnable trail!

AT and Mandy...I need about 3 - 4000 dollars worth of work that I need done...none of it will get done until it becomes a painful issue. I need crowns, implants and I would guess a few fillings. Even if I had dental insurance I could not afford it.

Jamie: hope you recover quickly.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k