Trailer Trash

Rainy Fridailies (Read 28 times)

The pooch and I did a nice fast 4 mile trail run.  It was 41 F and raining, but not raining hard enough to be unpleasant.

QOTD: How do you feel about running in the rain.  I kind of like it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Nothing this morning. Loading up the Ultra Wagon and headed to Idaho in a couple of hours. My race starts at 6PM.

Birdwell

8 cold rainy miles last night

FYTC- Sorry for your loss. thoughts and prayers heading your way.

QOTD: I like it, as long as I remember to leave my glasses at home when it is raining.

Occasional Runner

I missed the QOTD: I enjoy it, which is handy because we're expecting a 90% chance during my race this weekend.

runtraildc

Just got back from PT.  More strength and almost full weight treadmill.  See the doc on Monday, and I really hope I get cleared to run normally.

qotd:  Light rain is good, but I'm a wuss when it gets any heavier.  I'll wait it out until it tapers off instead of heading out into a downpour.

good luck Lace (and any other racers this weekend)!

Happy Friday! About to head out for an easy run to the Love Run expo to pick up my race bib. I'm shooting for a PR on Sunday but who knows what will happen with my stupid leg. If it hurts a little, I will run through. If it hurts more, I will run slow. If it hurts a LOT, I will drop.

QOTD: I actually like running in the rain when it's warm. Today will be a warmer rain run. Sunday they are calling for a "super soaker" during my race, and it's going to be in the 30's/40's so I imagine it won't be too enjoyable.

Sandy-2

Not sure what I am doing today.  I might do 5 later, or I might skip it.  I'm going to crew for my DD at one of her rides tomorrow, so if I drive out after work I'll hit the trails this evening. The ride is nearby so I will meet her there tonight, or I might go early tomorrow.  The place is nice and has a great trail that goes along the Colorado River (the one in Tx) for miles.

qotd: I always like running in the rain, which is good because we're supposed to get some tonight.  That might sway me towards going tonight, so I can run the trails in the rain, in the dark.  Hope my DD gets the tent up before I get there...  hee hee.

tbd.

muppy

Plan on 8 after work on the rail trail.

T&C hope you have a great race!

Sandy2 hope you and your daughter have a great ride!

QOTD Funny you brought this up because I was just thinking about it last night. I love running in the rain, it's supposed to be 65° this afternoon and I was hoping would still be raining, but it's supposed to clear up. I even put on my raincoat and went running in  a freezing rain this winter with my screw shoes,  people looked at me a little funny!

Chnaiur

Plan on 5 today.

QOTD: I like running in the rain: light rain cleans the air and puts oxygen in the air, and heavy rains during storms gives me energy!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing for me.

Hoping all racers have a great race this weekend - looks like a few trailers.

QOTD: I don't like running in cold and rainy.  Warm and rainy I enjoy.  Temps under 40 and rainy just isn't fun.  Running in a thickly settled forrest in a downpour is rather fun ...and loud.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

My cold is letting up a little but I'm still taking another day just because running in a cold rain probably wouldn't help out my recovery.

QOTD: Love running in a warm rain, hate cold rain

Sandy-2

Sandy2 hope you and your daughter have a great ride!

Thanks. But she rides the horses, I run.  When I'm crewing for her I run the trails the night before or the afternoon after her rides. Those big 4 legged things can be finicky so I avoid them on my runs, and the riders appreciate that. Having miles and miles of marked trails in all sorts of different places is just too much for me to resist , I'm heading out now !!

tbd.