Trailer Trash

a canyon view (Read 58 times)

Ah, lovely.

This might be as good a place as any to ask: if DH and I wanted to do a trail race in Utah, 50k or less, and using the term "race" loosely since we just like to go for long supported runs in interesting places and don't really race as such, could you recommend a website that compiles Utah trail races?  Or a particular race that you think is really super?  I've no idea if /when this would happen, but I love thinking about the possibilities.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Birdwell

Ah, lovely.

This might be as good a place as any to ask: if DH and I wanted to do a trail race in Utah, 50k or less, and using the term "race" loosely since we just like to go for long supported runs in interesting places and don't really race as such, could you recommend a website that compiles Utah trail races?  Or a particular race that you think is really super?  I've no idea if /when this would happen, but I love thinking about the possibilities.

I don't know of any websites just for Utah, but http://ultrasignup.com/default.aspx seems to have most of the trail races.

The only race I've done out here is the Moab Red Hot 55K/33K. The race was great, but it is turning into a pretty huge (for an ultra) field. Last year there were almost 700 runners, but it never felt crowded. The scenery is awesome.

One website I recommend for anyone interested  in the area around Zion National Park is Joe's Guide to Zion National Park found here  http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide/

He's a local guy, who's a fantastic photographer, and has the best hike descriptions I've found. His info is always spot on.

Thanks Birdwell!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR