Trailer Trash

Finally Fridailies (Read 20 times)

Daydreamer1

I figured most of you all are looking forward to Friday and the weekend for a few days off.

Planning on a gym workout today depending on how I feel. Thought my stomach issues on Wednesday night were from not eating soon enough, however, every time I ate yesterday I got a lot of cramping and gas . Only ended up doing a light spin on the bike while watching Indiana Jones get himself into and out of trouble in the Temple of Doom.  The flooring guy was supposed to come and measure our kitchen for the new tile but never showed so I have to stick around this morning to see if he shows up.  If I feel good enough it will be a day of heavy lifting with only a little cardio.

QOTD: If someone knocked on your door in the middle of the night what would you do? If they needed a ride would you give them one?

Last night at 11 pm the doorbell went off which was interesting because we get few unannounced visitors. I woke DW up for some backup if needed and found a guy in my driveway asking if he could get a ride home.  Claimed his truck had broke down and he lived several valleys over from our place. I said sure, got dressed and gave him a ride home. I think he was half liquored up cause he was vague on the directions resulting in me driving about 5-6 miles further. Claimed he cooked at the one bar that is in our area that is supposed to have really good food. If he does I won't ever eat there. Smelled closer to a homeless person than a chef .

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice TM run last night.  Wait, I actually said a TM run was nice.  What is wrong with me?  Anyways, I have my streak alive at 26 days.  It's been good for me because many days I would have just stayed at home and not run.  I am looking forward to the weekend but not because of rest.  Weekends anymore are so busy and fly by.

QOTD: I would be really annoyed if we got someone ringing our doorbell late.  First, our dog would go ballistic and wake everyone up.  DW would be super mad.  We live in a neighborhood so the likelihood of a stranger knocking on our door that late at night is small.  There are dozens of other houses to choose from.

Having said that, just 2 days ago there was a report of a team of two people trying to break in to people's homes.  The one person posed as something or other coming to the front door to sell or offer some service while his buddy was at the back door trying to steal whatever they could.  They did not try this on our home, we just heard about it.  But I did see someone go to our neighbors across the street so I think the rumor was legit.

But to answer your question, I am not sure what I would do.  Maybe give them a ride but it might be dependent on the vibe I got from them in the first place.

Have a great weekend everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Besides the run yesterday, hit the gym for some weights and stretching last night. Plan is to get out for some trail miles late afternoon with the Lady. Not sure of location yet. Maybe something flatter like Warwick Park.

QOTD: Wow, that's a weird one. I'd be very suspicious and on guard which I am sure you were. Seeing that I am in a neighborhood and not a rural street, this is unlikely to happen. Dogs would be going crazy I do know that.

Dreamer - Sorry about the stomach woes. I've had that going on along with some other stuff and doc put me on Prilosec after an endoscopy this week. Non-erosive Gastritis and esophagitis is the DX.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Finally slept through the night.  DH alarm went off at 5 am and he left at 5:30 and I thought about getting up and waiting for light but feel back in a deep sleep.  Woke up at 7:05 which is still plenty of time to run but the f%cking house is so cold I didn't get up.  When I did I was groggy.  I refuse to miss a full week of running so I plan on heading home at lunch for a run and long lunch.

My sinus problems are better, but still having those stupid sweats.  id I mention when I get them I get a weird feeling in my stomach like an anxiety attack.  Weird. 

QOTD: I would not answer the door.  Our property has a 6 foot fence around it and locked gates so if someone picked our house they are up to no good.  I would probably let them know I had a gun and they better GTF out of here!  If my husband was home he may have already shot him.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

5 or 6 after work. I'll decide when I get to the 2.5 mile turnaround which one it will be.

QOTD: I have had that happen a few times. One guy had run off the road. I gave him a ride. He was drunk. I guess I should have called the cops, but whatever. As a kid, we would occasionally have that happen. We lived in a very rural area, and there would be someone lost, drunk, or out of gas. My dad would usually give them a ride or let them call someone to come get them. It was never a problem back then. If they were drunk, we usually knew them because they were local.

When I was mayor, I always had people showing up that house in the middle of the night wanting money or help getting someone out of jail. I was honored to serve, but it sure was a pain in the butt at times. I had a call one night from a lady who wanted me to come crawl under her house to get a dead possum out from under it. She wasn't even in town. I gave her the sheriff's number. HAHAHAHA.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Planning on short run tomorrow morning before I go to a funeral and then Sunday long run.

MRI showed torn labrum, but we decided based on location to not have surgery yet, since it's a stable tear. No arthritis and tendons look reasonably well for an old swimmer.  Major issue is instability and adhesion, so plan is aggressive PT with some God awful stretching. Prior to this, it was advised to avoid heavy stretching since tendon integrity was unknown.  Like most trail runners, I have a high pain tolerance, but I almost threw up yesterday with pain.  If I can't regain some capsular mobility, then we'll talk surgery.  Good news is I can now move forward with plan on 48hr in May.  Surgeon advised staying off trails, and we all know "dat aint gonna happen".  I'll just try and fall less.

Dd- You're so used to working on vehicles, you should have just fixed the guys truck for him. 

QOTD:  We had the bell ring after midnight 2 times in 26 years since we've lived here. First time was 2 college frat boys who were blindfolded and dropped off in some sort of pledge prank.  I drove them 5 miles back to Gettysburg College and the frat president gave me a case of beer for being  good sport.  Second time was a migrant farmer who was pretty drunk. His English was poor and my Spanish is limited to health questions, but I knew he was from either one of two farms (and that he had a headache ). I dropped him off at the closest one (2 miles), having no idea if it was the right one, but at least they could get him sobered up and home. If it happened again, I'd assess the situation and either call police or take care of them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Just got back from swim meet session #1 and have not been out yet. Still quite windy, and has been for most of this week. With the rain and high winds, toppling trees and branches are a big concern in the woods today so I'll head to the gym shortly. Need to make a pie first. Kiddo #1 has gotten a bit skinny and he needs some fattening up. He's a fairly healthy eater, I just think not enough to keep up with a growing athlete's body.  Oh, to have these problems....

qotd: No, wouldn't answer, but it would be highly suspicious on our close knit, residential street.  Did have a high beam flashlight shone into our house last month at 4 am. I thought someone was casing houses, but I figured out a couple of days later that it was our new newspaper delivery person using a high powered flashlight to see where to toss the paper.

NorthernHarrier

Greetings and happy Friday!  Nothing much happening on my injury front other than finally starting to go a little wacko. Achilles feels real good these days but still a slight bulge over it. Not sure if it will still keep receding or if it's scar tissue that will linger or what. See the doc in 2 weeks so maybe he'll tell me I can ease back into running some. I have become an elliptical animal if that's worth anything .   Heading north in a couple hours and will actually try some light snowshoe walking for the first time this season. A little paranoid so I'll be very careful. I am trying to be a good compliant patient. Not easy.

I had an initial date for retirement of Sept 1 but that date has been very fluid. I have been slowly moving it up to where it's now at the end of April. Won't be getting any social security for another year but I have just had enough of this work thing. DW is on board actually telling me anytime is fine just so she doesn't have to listen to my whining anymore.   I have a summer and fall of epic adventures already planned so a healthy achilles would really be helpful.

QOTD-Interesting... I guess in our current neighborhood it would be unlikely that our house would be chosen out of the subdivision. I would be very suspicious as these days everyone carries a cell and if they really had an issue they should use it. So they would of course be greeted by two dogs with raised hackles and I would most likely have some artillery real, real handy. Always have loaded handguns in the house, they're just a rock if not loaded, right Daydreamer?  Certainly would try to read the person to make a decision on how to help or not.   At my cabin where I spend an awful lot of time that person would have to drive or walk down a real long private drive out on my peninsula so I would be very on edge with that.  Once they have gotten to my door they have at least already been photographed a couple times but if they came by boat or snowmobile so much for that.  Yeah, that would be a weird thing up there.     A couple weeks ago I had a friend stop by after dark who looks a little like Charlie Manson so that gave me a start when I turned on the porch light. 

Daydreamer1

Just got back from the gym. Wile I was there the stomach thing was behaving itself now that I ate it's kind of back but not as bad as yesterday. Considering how many people have been sick with a stomach bug I'll count myself lucky if this is the worst I get.

NH- good to see you stop in. Hope the snowshoeing goes well for you this weekend.

AT - I always hate to advise surgery, but............ DW played around with Pt on her shoulder, her hand and then delayed surgery on her bunion as well all on the advice of the Drs.  In every case it was just worse once then did go in and fix the stuff.

In regards to my visitor last night. I live in a less populated area but I'm only about 60 feet off the road and it's a main back road. At that time of the night I was probably the only one who still had lights on so that's probably why he picked me.  He didn't know it but I only opened the door when I was prepared to defend myself if I had to and I made sure that I took the pistol along just in case.  I think he rang the doorbell then stepped off the porch so he wouldn't be right there when I opened it.  The biggest thing that concerned me was that his story would change slightly. Claimed that his truck broke down on the way home, but then stated that he didn't get out of the parking lot and some other little details that you look for to see if someone is lying. The place was only about 2.7 miles away and he claimed that it took him 3 hours to get to my place . It was just all the little things that made me wonder if  he was trustworthy. In the end I think he was OK, it was just that he was half drunk and a dumb bumpkin to boot.  I did wish that DS was still home so that he could have kept a good eye on the place while I was gone because I was concerned about some type of trick to get me out of the house or away from it but everything worked out OK.  I've always bitched that we don't have the same ethic that we used to when it came to helping out our neighbors so I was actually glad to do it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My non running streak of 6 days has been broken!  where is the dancing banana hen you need it!  Ran 4 at lunch.

Hi Northern.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

My non running streak of 6 days has been broken!  where is the dancing banana hen you need it!  Ran 4 at lunch.

Hi Northern.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That's better... Miss that guy!