Trailer Trash

Freaky Fry-Day (Read 31 times)

LB2

It is hot, folks. It was 80 at 3 AM. Today will either be a rest day or and easy run. Nice little run last night.

QOTD: Do you have any recurring running dreams?

I have a terribly disturbing dream where I am running a 5K and my legs just shut down halfway through. I concentrate and focus on moving them fast, but they just seem like I am wearing concrete shoes. Sometimes, it wakes me up just before I reach the finish line. Other times, I can't remember how it ends.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing on tap today but boy is the weather still stunning.  I don't think it's supposed to last for tomorrow when I plan to be out for a while.  Oh well, it is summer, I think.

QOTD: No not really.

Good luck Kelly at Vermont!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Our hot weather is coming back this weekend with temps in mid 90's. Early run tomorrow before it get too hot.

Good luck to racers and pacers this weekend.  Good luck in Leg #2 for Kelly.

LB2 - Maybe you need to lie down on a couch and talk to Jamie; I'm a bit worried about your QOTD's.  Vomit one day and nightmares the next.

QOTD:  Before our Grand Canyon run I dreamt that I forgot to fill my pack and kept sucking air from it.  Not a recurring dream, just a one timer.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Just laying around in our hotel room, trying to relax and conserve some energy for tomorrow.

I pulled off another win at the Royal Grand Slam Beer Mile yesterday. I'm 2 for 2 now, nobody can catch me!

QOTD: I've never dreamt about running.

runtraildc

Not sure if I'm running today and last night's run turned into a walk (clothing fail/chafing on existing chafing-- need I say more?).

But, I did want to jump in to say 'good luck' to lace up, mtwarden and harrier (devil's backbone, right?).  Anyone else racing this weekend?

qotd:  Not that I remember.

NorthernHarrier

Morning,

I love traveling about, road tripping and checking out places, reading reviews on trip advisor  and eating at local establishments, however now my gut is churning following my dinner last night. I will NOT blame the beer!  There is something to be said for staying with the bland and consistent food of say Subway or something similar. Boring but safe.

So now heading to Bozeman and the infamous Devils Backbone. Bozeman is a great little city. Looking forward to it. After this little adventure is over I will do a cutback for a few weeks and just do some little 4-5 mile runs and a lot of biking. Give my weary legs a rest.  And then there is a long solo canoe trip now in Ontario in a little over week after I get home.  I have a great and understanding wife. On the other hand, she is pretty happy to see me go....hmmm???  

QOTD-- Never.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Slept in very late on my day off, and planning on a run around noon. Weather looks great.

9 splendid miles up and down the mountain yesterday - easy peasy because the temps were in the upper 70's, and the dewpoint at 50 degrees (in contrast to temps in the 80's and a dewpoint between 68 and 74 last week).

If I had worn a HR monitor yesterday, it would have shown a peak HR of 280+, as once again, I placed my foot within 6 inches in front of a rattlesnake's head.  Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me. These snakes just creep me out because they are as thick as my arm, that makes them look really scary (but beautiful nonetheless) to me.

Good luck to our racers this weekend!

QOTD: I have never dreamt of running, but some of my runs have been nightmares... 

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Will be traveling to Bozeman to meet up with Northern Harrier for round two of our mountain race series 

Weather looks very good, high in Bozeman of 70, will be more like 60 in the mountains, overcast with a chance of thunderstorms.

qotd: I'll sometimes have to pinch myself when running in a particularly pretty spot to insure I'm not dreaming 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good Luck Harrier & Warden.  Just looked up Devil's Backbone and saw this:

"This is a graduate level run (yes, like Hardrock). It is almost unsupported and unmarked. This CANNOT be your first 50 miler. Every year I am told by several runners that they were definitely over their head! This course is much, much harder than you expect, and much more disconcerting knowing there are no markings!!"

Can't wait to hear all about it and hopefully see some beautiful pictures!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Will be traveling to Bozeman to meet up with Northern Harrier for round two of our mountain race series 

Hope you get some pictures of this growing Bromance.  Have fun guys and enjoy it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Non runner here...company stayed up until 1 PM last night..spent the night and let my dog out at 6 AM.  Earl is not allowed out at 6AM because he loves to shout at the type of his lungs about all the good new smells in the yard.  So I really didn't sleep after that and felt like crap so didn't run either.  Have a half day at work and then heading to the coast for a weekend of camping.  Told Mike I couldn't wait to crawl in the back of the truck and sleep on the way to the beach.

QOTD:  I think Sandy and I share this reoccurring running dream.  I am running a race but it is always through building s and staircases and all twisty and I am usually worried about being lost on the course.

Northern and Warden have fun and good luck in your race.

Kelly--good luck to you too.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Ah, yes, I'm very curious about Devil's Backbone as well.

Couldn't sleep again last night.. Finally got in 90 mins and went for what turned out to be a great 10 miler at dawn, then crashed for a few hrs. Now company is here for the weekend. I have runs planned but whether they'll happen is anybody's guess.

Good luck racers, and congrats Kelly on locking up the associated beer mile crown!

qotd: I've never dreamed about running specifically, but dread that legs of concrete feeling that always seems to come from being chased by a wolf. I've had that one quite a few times.

LB2

Hmmm. You may be right AT. 

LB2