Trailer Trash

Lemming Loop 24 Hour RR (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my RR from my race in Canada over the weekend. I won and snagged the course record. It was a great trail, amazing people and Jo and I had a ton of fun. Thanks for checking it out!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.com/2015/10/lemming-loop-24-hour-trail-race-turning.html

Watoni

Here's my RR from my race in Canada over the weekend. I won and snagged the course record. It was a great trail, amazing people and Jo and I had a ton of fun. Thanks for checking it out!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.com/2015/10/lemming-loop-24-hour-trail-race-turning.html

Great write-up! A fairly amazing race in my view given I imagine you would still be recovering from all the running this summer!

XtremeTaper

Congrats on your race and overall win... in that one photo, it looks like you are making a face at that can of Michelob Ultra. I can understand that. Ha. The trail timed events are pretty fun. It does seem to me that you have always done well at the loop courses so it makes sense the timed events are a good fit for you as well.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

You should always listen to your pacer when he tells you it is in the bag. I knew King Edward couldn't make up that much space, even with a belly full of bacon.

Good run; looking forward to seeing you and Jo in about 38 days.

LB2

Occasional Runner

You should always listen to your pacer when he tells you it is in the bag. I knew King Edward couldn't make up that much space, even with a belly full of bacon.

Good run; looking forward to seeing you and Jo in about 38 days.

I knew you would see that I was talking about you in that story. I reflect back on that often.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Kelly. Nice to get a win.

I'd really like to do a trail 24hr instead of the asphalt ones I do. Looks much more fun than a paved loop.  The US races all think they need to be a qualifier and have certified distances, so pavement it is. I think Nathan did a trail 24 hr somewhere, I might need to look into that one.

Any good music paying at the event?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Great job on the run and the win.  I agree, I have always totally enjoyed Canada whenever I went there. Way back then of course the Brador probably helped a lot.

Congrats again and thanks for the RR.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Kelly, that sounds like a wonderful race. Congrats on the win.

AT - would this race fit what you're looking for?  Out Run 24  The date next year is April 30, 2016. It's not technical trails but very little is asphalt.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Kelly, that sounds like a wonderful race. Congrats on the win.

AT - would this race fit what you're looking for?  Out Run 24  The date next year is April 30, 2016. It's not technical trails but very little is asphalt.

There is also this one http://www.rivertownrace.com/montour-24-runs/ in Danville PA - looks like it might be more R2T than single track but I cannot tell from the website.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

Congrats!! What a great job pushing the pace for the win.

some call me Tim

Congrats, of course! and thanks for another entertaining read. I like where you're going toward the end..

"Even with my level of experience, I have a lot to learn still, and I feel like my time is quickly dwindling. "

There's a lot to elaborate on there... the way we develop and use our experience in the limited arc of this, or any, pursuit is such a rich topic, and maybe not always the most welcome due to the way our aging bodies set the limitations... but a thing like that simple acknowledgement is one of the reasons I like reading your reports.

Occasional Runner

Congrats, of course! and thanks for another entertaining read. I like where you're going toward the end..

"Even with my level of experience, I have a lot to learn still, and I feel like my time is quickly dwindling. "

There's a lot to elaborate on there... the way we develop and use our experience in the limited arc of this, or any, pursuit is such a rich topic, and maybe not always the most welcome due to the way our aging bodies set the limitations... but a thing like that simple acknowledgement is one of the reasons I like reading your reports.

It's sort of a representation of our mortality in a micro level. A snapshot of what's to come through the realization that nothing lasts forever and we have to learn to cope with it. I came into this sport late in life, only a few years ago, and I can already see the sun setting on my peak. It's a struggle wondering what could have been if I had started earlier, and grasping with the idea that I should just be grateful for what I had/have. No matter…I consider myself blessed for whatever it is and will always look back back on it with a smile. Thanks for reading. It's truly appreciated.

slosh

Nice race report. And even better outlook on racing/life.  Thanks for sharing.