Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily! (Read 39 times)

Low_O2

Howdy all!

6.1 hot toasty miles around the hood last night with the dog. Ate way too much for dinner before I headed out, so suffered through the first half but then started to feel decent. 8ish tonight.

QOTD: I use a ~16 week plan if I have a race coming up, otherwise I end up running too much and get injured. So the plan is mostly a guideline to keep me from over doing it. I try to hit the long run mileage and the overall weekly mileage, otherwise I am a bit flexible on how it is accomplished. Mostly decide at the last minute when and where I'm going to get my miles in. Usually have to seize the opportunity when DS and DW's schedules mesh up so I can sneak away for a bit.

Good morning! I had a hard ultimate frisbee game last night (don't laugh... youtube ultimate frisbee if you don't believe me!) I ended up guarding a really fast girl all night and my legs were NOT feeling it.  Although it's funny how at the end of the game I was much less tired than most of our other women. +1 for endurance athletes! However, we were all tied up and I scored the game winning point so it was a great night overall.  I will probably give my legs a well deserved rest tonight.

QOTD: I usually plan out my long runs for an entire training season (~18 weeks) on my training spreadsheet.  I'm out of town 2-4 weekends a month usually, so I need to plan way ahead. Then I plan weekday runs around my social calendar, usually a week or two in advance. Of course this is all very flexible, I don't hold myself hard to it, but I do try to meet the goal mileage I set for that week. It all depends on how my body feels.

Love some ultimate frisbee. Those guys and gals know how to party. My best friend played in college and still does now. Its a good time and you can get a decent workout since the game doesn't really stop like soccer.

Watoni

Good morning! I had a hard ultimate frisbee game last night (don't laugh... youtube ultimate frisbee if you don't believe me!) I ended up guarding a really fast girl all night and my legs were NOT feeling it.  Although it's funny how at the end of the game I was much less tired than most of our other women. +1 for endurance athletes! However, we were all tied up and I scored the game winning point so it was a great night overall.  I will probably give my legs a well deserved rest tonight.

QOTD: I usually plan out my long runs for an entire training season (~18 weeks) on my training spreadsheet.  I'm out of town 2-4 weekends a month usually, so I need to plan way ahead. Then I plan weekday runs around my social calendar, usually a week or two in advance. Of course this is all very flexible, I don't hold myself hard to it, but I do try to meet the goal mileage I set for that week. It all depends on how my body feels.

Ultimate is tough, but more aerobic/anaerobic (like soccer, but with fewer players).

Going to hopefully do one last bike ride today before the Saturday race (if work cooperates), and also test out my new trails shoes this evening.

QOTD: I generally plan days in advance (at least a rough sketch of the rides/runs), but since 90% get modified or cancelled, it is not worth much

sugnim

Howdy all--I haven't been on here in forever.  It's nice to see some familiar faces.  6 miles in the wind along the river yesterday after work.  Likely the same tonight.  I'm supposed to be adding in more road miles now to prepare for the Missoula Half next month.  Honestly, I'm kind of regretting signing up for this race since I'd rather stick to shaded trails in the summer.  But, I've signed up, so I'll be adding more road miles to my shoes!

QOTD:  Sometimes a week, sometimes 5 minutes, but any run is subject to change depending upon my whim.

Have a great day everyone!

XtremeTaper

Did some weights today and stretching at the gym this morning. No running until this weekend.

QOTD: If training, I generally will sketch my following week out on Sunday night. Actually I try to do that all year. It's pretty generic plan though these past few years. Place and location often determined on a whim.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Love some ultimate frisbee. Those guys and gals know how to party. My best friend played in college and still does now. Its a good time and you can get a decent workout since the game doesn't really stop like soccer.

The reason I am in 2 leagues this summer is because of the social/ after game aspect of grilling, beer etc. But it's also an amazing workout!

Snowdenrun

11+ some yesterday and then I picked up the dog and DBF for 2 run/walk miles.

QOTD: As I am walking to road from my house I am thinking "which way should I go today?". And I do that for my entire run. I rarely even look at my watch to see how long I've been running until I make it back home.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Howdy all--I haven't been on here in forever.  It's nice to see some familiar faces.  6 miles in the wind along the river yesterday after work.  Likely the same tonight.  I'm supposed to be adding in more road miles now to prepare for the Missoula Half next month.  Honestly, I'm kind of regretting signing up for this race since I'd rather stick to shaded trails in the summer.  But, I've signed up, so I'll be adding more road miles to my shoes!

QOTD:  Sometimes a week, sometimes 5 minutes, but any run is subject to change depending upon my whim.

Have a great day everyone!

Welcome back! Approve

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I follow a plan when I have race coming up, otherwise I just run. With that said,

I finally found a 50K nearby that wasn't sold out, so I registered this morning. Race isn't

until October though.

What race???

NorthernHarrier

Well all the mountain bike trails are closed due to all the rain yesterday so my daughter and I went road biking. Every roadie we pass says hi or smiles to my daughter. Must be the shoes. Approve  Doing more biking than running as we'll be heading to Moab in a day. I think those desert trails will kill me. But I know my limitations and I will not be a youtube sensation with some epic crash on a descent down the Porcupine rim trail. I promise.  And if anyone needs me next week just call the Moab brew pub in the evening and have me paged. Big grin

Sugnim--Welcome back!

jonferg67

Endless trails

What race???

It's just a little 50K called Speedgoat.

...just kidding, that would be a cool one to start out with though. It's called the TARC Fall Classic in

Carlisle, Ma (outside Boston). TARC is the Trail Animals Running Club. I dnf'd a 50k (at 25miles) in

April, this is my chance to do it right and kick ass!

QOTD: As I am walking to road from my house I am thinking "which way should I go today?". And I do that for my entire run. I rarely even look at my watch to see how long I've been running until I make it back home.

That is the way every run should be Smile You truly are the purist of the group!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Likely the same tonight.  I'm supposed to be adding in more road miles now to prepare for the Missoula Half next month.  Honestly, I'm kind of regretting signing up for this race since I'd rather stick to shaded trails in the summer.  But, I've signed up, so I'll be adding more road miles to my shoes!

There's no reason to run on the road for your road halfy.  I've done totally trails and then ran a marathon on the road.  Ohhh unless you are going for speed.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Doing more biking than running as we'll be heading to Moab in a day. I think those desert trails will kill me. But I know my limitations and I will not be a youtube sensation with some epic crash on a descent down the Porcupine rim trail. I promise.  And if anyone needs me next week just call the Moab brew pub in the evening and have me paged. Big grin

So jealous.  Benn trying to get the old man to plan a Moab trip.  Mt Biking is his thing you would think he would be all over that!!!  Have fun a drink one for me.  Who am I kidding...drink a few for me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

ceezy

6.5 (road)

In and out of rain but nothing too crazy...added bonus was that it forced the temperature down and made for a great evening to run.

Legs responded well after yesterdays difficult finish so happy with that.

QOTD:  I semi plan them in advance (weekly mileage goals, a couple of harder efforts, long run, etc.) but I always allow for some wiggle room and change as needed.