Trailer Trash

Where's the Fridaily??? (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

So I ran 3 miles last night.  I am so low on my mileage this year but I at least have a streak going since January 1st.  If it wasn't for the streak, I could easily have hardly any running.

QOTD 1: March miles

After tonight will finish with just shy of 80 miles.

QOTD 2: Weekend plans

Same ole same ole

Have a great one!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

8.5 miles this morning. If we walk 5 miles later we'll have 80 miles since Saturday, and a good training week for Sole Challenge. Heading to beach soon for our last day. I'm finishing up my 4th book for the week.  All mysteries. The last 3 are about a female British murder investigator. Funny to see how things are done differently, as in no one carries a gun and dealing with the class system of Great Britian. Also some good spelling differences like "kerb" instead of "curb" as in "she fell and struck her head on the kerb".

QOTD:  230+ for the month.

QOTD 2: Driving home about 10 hours tomorrow and start to get ready for Spring around the yard and house.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Still cold but did 8 anyhow.

1: 168, hopin to up my game the next few months, Im down quite a few miles compared to last year at this time.

2: hoping the weather allows some sort of long run this weekend, besides that not much on the agenda, to wet and cold for yard work

Daydreamer1

Just rolled out of bed. Could of stayed there a lot longer but really need and want to get to the gym. Ankle is a little wonky for some reason. Probably from running on the rough trails Thursday. Had some unsteady footing that tested my ankle stability, now it's tender.  Had thought about doing 3-4 miles on the TM after lifting but probably won't.

Jamie - Ditto the low miles for the year

AT - DW watches a lot of the murder mystery shows. Right now she's watching one that I believe is set in Britain. It's interesting to see how the same basic  theme is played out. The Brits always get the culprit  but there is so much less drama in regards to the authorities getting in peoples faces and yelling and threatening them. No shoot outs that I've seen. Makes it much more interesting.

QOTD 1: 92.4 miles.  .  

QOTD 2:  Well I'm off.........and I have at a vehicle tore apart . This time it's my '03 Saturn Ion that has 236k on it. Several months ago the door lock on the drivers side quit working. Finally was able to get it in and tore apart and found that a small plastic part had broken. I was quite concerned that I couldn't get anything for it since it's a Saturn and is not made anymore. The one auto parts store couldn't help me and neither could the Chevy dealer. Found a part on Amazon. It came today and is listed as being made in the USA and manufactured in Feb 2017 . Not sure why no one local had it, but I'll be putting that back together.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I watched the first episode of that Great British Baking show based on the recommendation from someone here -- it was quite lovely and sweet!  Even the BF found it amusing and was paying attention between working, so we'll keep watching.  (Hey, I don't run anymore so I gotta talk TV.)

QOTD1: 3.5 running does-my-body-even-remember-how-to-run miles

QOTD2:  Hopefully a bike ride tomorrow, maybe a hike with the dog, probably do some more baking, watch a movie, who knows!

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Ended up with 6 yesterday. Nice slow and hilly miles with a friend (who is 30 years older than me and a much better runner, too). Today is a wash (probably literally). We're having a short break in the rain and I' m contemplating a treadmill run at the gym. Might just be a strength workout later.

I watched the first episode of that Great British Baking show based on the recommendation from someone here -- it was quite lovely and sweet!  Even the BF found it amusing and was paying attention between working, so we'll keep watching.  (Hey, I don't run anymore so I gotta talk TV.)

The males in my house are the same. I noticed their interest when they didn't leave the room when I turned it on. We're now on season 3.  We all form our favorites early on, but it's hard not to like everybody (mostly).

qotd: 93, not including today's possible miles. Less than I wanted, but on the positive side, I've been doing more strength training.

Sandy-2

I'll do 10mi after work today. I got a ride to work today and the person does basically 6am to 3pm hours so I'll get home early today.  I lent my DD my car while hers is getting fixed, but today we got the news that they "totalled" it due to a bent frame (she did think it was 'dragging' to the right when she drove it home).  Ok, it's good because the money they are giving us is more than its book value, but of course we can't get a replacement in the same condition for that amount, so....   horse -1, car -0.  By the way the horse is recovering very slowly and it's going to be a long haul, but he's out-of-the woods so far.

qotd 1: 194 miles.

qotd 2: going to a memorial ride/run (I think I'll be the only runner) on Saturday.  A horse-riding friend of my DD died last month and we're having a memorial / fundraiser for his kids.  Very sad since he took his own life.  Sounds like Sunday there will be some sort of car shopping...

tbd.

LB2

Ran 5.25 at 4AM. Then, I walked a little over 3 while hunting.

QOTD: I have 132, but I have another mile or two to hike this afternoon. I'll stay near the same in April and kick it up a notch in May.

QOTD: I'll probably go back and hunt the same place I hunted this morning. I saw a gobbler's track on the road. But he never gobbled. That place is loaded, but they are being quiet. I'm not too aggressive now that I have killed one. After tomorrow, I'll be done hunting for a week or two.

LB2

DigDug2

8 in the dark, cold and rain this morning.  Not fun, but more fun than yesterday, when I had to interrupt a 12 miler to dig a hole in the woods as a matter of urgency.

QOTD 1:  276 - highest ever, probably not to be repeated as marathon is at the end of April.

QOTD 2:  eat, watch movies, go to DD's band concert, run a 1/2 marathon on Sunday to practice marathon pace

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got home at 2 am from my concert so yea not running today!   barely hanging in there at work.  We had a really good training this morning though.

QOTD1:   I had no idea it was this bad!!!  67  maybe I should run tonight.  The lack of consistency has killed me.  The mileage, or lack of, may explain the weight gain!

QOTD2:  Was thinking about not doing the long run with the group on Sunday but after seeing my answer for number one I may go and run 20 miles!!!  We are suppose to have awesome weather Saturday so don't know if we will play or work in the yard.  When I left for work this morning Jack jumped in the car...I think he wants to go somewhere.

Digdug:  Nice numbers and a new PR.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

SRD today, zzzz

qotd 1: March miles = 220. That might be a monthly PR, too lazy to figure out how to check.  Now tapering.

qotd 2: running less, lazing about, listening to baseball on the radio, yard clean up, laundry, other uninteresting chores.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

6 slow trail running miles with a number of walks thrown in.  Wanted the miles in general but wanted also to save myself for tomorrow as I am hoping to do a 20 miler. Looks to be a stellar day.

I officially put in my notice at work, now just need to play out the string- 2 more weeks. Also bought a new car-'17 Escape. Has the 2.0 eco boost engine and is a rocket. Needed the horsepower for the towing I do at times and 4wd or AWD is a priority for my lifestyle. Still have one Subaru in the family still though.

QOTD 1--173

QOTD 2--Daughter is in town for one more day so breakfast with her then the long run. A buddy called me to join in on a get together to watch hoops. I'll try to get there but with the long run planned who knows if I'll make it. Relaxing day on Sunday.

XtremeTaper

No run today... Spent most of the day in airports and airplanes traveling to NW Louisiana. Will get some miles in tomorrow near the Red river. Found some trails there I think (stoner mountain, lol).

Qotd1: 218

Qotd2: Working for the most part as I am down here for work, but I have an afternoon to night shift so have time to explore and get in a few runs.

In dog beers, I've only had one.