Trailer Trash

Wake Up, it is Wednesday (Read 46 times)

Ultra Cowboy

Headed to what may be a bit of a downer fun run tonight. Just read in the paper a fella I ran with once last year, committed suicide.  He left behind a wife and young child.  Many of the people I run with knew him.  When I read his name in the paper I knew who it was almost immediately.   Even though we weren't close I grieve for the child who won't grow up with her dad.

QOTD:  If I am "in training"  I do get moody. I notice after 2 days off I get phantom pains that go away with some activity.

I do have seasonal "non-running" time though and I seem to be more couch bound and less motivated over all.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Birdwell

Afternoon Folks!

I hit the gym last night. Tried an elliptical machine for the first time. It was awful, It's nothing like running at all. I stuck it out for 30 minutes, then I tried the rowing machines.

I'm going to head back to the gym tonight for some weight training.

QOTD: I get a bit antsy.

I wound up with 3.3 miles last night.  They weren't perfect, but it was a run.  I'm hoping that I get cleared to do another run while I am in Philadelphia over the weekend.

QOTD:  What happens when I don't run?  You tell me.  I have ran a total of twice in almost 4 months.  I have been a pain in the ass to my loved ones and friends.  I have become a whiny, cranky, bitch.  It's not pretty.

Mandy - hope you get cleared! Philly is a fun place to run Smile

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - hope you get cleared! Philly is a fun place to run Smile

Any recommendations?  I'm not quite sure what we're doing yet!

Running is dumb.

Running recs:

Roads

-Schyulkill River Trail : http://www.schuylkillrivertrail.com/  

Very popular paved bike/pedestrian path running along the river, past the art museum. You can cross the river at the white bridge in East Falls and cross the river to head back downtown for the "loop" that totals 8.5 miles.

-Ben Franklin Bridge run - I'm doing this tonight, enter pedestrian bridge at 5th and Race, across and back is 3 miles. I run from my house and back to make it 8 miles total.

Trails:

-Boxer's Trail:  https://maps.google.com/maps?q=boxers+trail+philadelphia&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89c6c79eb28414cd:0x58b054ba4c1c61ff,Boxer's+Trail,+Philadelphia,+PA&gl=us&ei=x34uUbrGEerY2AXLsICQBA&ved=0CDAQ8gEwAA

^The only real trail near Center city. It's short, but close, if you don't want to drive to a trail.

-Wissahickon park:  http://www.fow.org/about-park

^My favorite spot for trail running. Only about 6 miles from downtown, and is still in Philadelphia. Many miles of horse trails, with a main gravel path also. You can park off of Lincoln Drive in a small parking lot.

If you want separate recs for sight seeing, I will message you. Have a great time!

Occasional Runner

Mandy...The Wissahickon is the place to run. It has a big trail network, but you want to be on the Yellow Trail section. There are maps online. Best access is Green Street through Manayunk. This is a few blocks from my house in Philly. The yellow trail isn't super technical and has a lot of access points for the main gravel road that will loop you back to your car. That road is called Forbidden Drive and most people in Philly can tell you where it is. The trail network is in Fairmont Park, which is the largest city park in the US.

Be there, or be square!

Sandy-2

Got the MRI this afternoon, but won't get any info on it until Friday.  Stay tuned.  Rode the bike again today.

qotd:  Funny you asked this question today.  I mentioned to a co-worked today that I haven't run in 10 days...  her reply, "well that explains it"!!  What do you think she meant by that ?  LOL.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Back from a trip to MD to pick up DH and bring him home. He had stayed there with his parents for a few days.

Lucked out with the weather yesterday, I got my run in before the rain started, and this morning it was freezing rain, sleet and snow. Which dumped something between 1 and 2 inches of "snow" (rather sleet) on my mountain, so it will be another slippery slushy run tomorrow. Yay for winter!

No running today, just 10 hrs of driving/riding in the car. NOW I'm tired!

QOTD: For the first few days, I get a bit cranky, especially if the break is caused by nothing else but my own laziness. I can deal with it quite well if an injury requires no running. After 3 or 4 days, I start feeling physically not so well, I feel weak and tired (which causes more crankiness).

Knowing that after 4 weeks of no running I'm basically back to square 1, I start panicking after 3 weeks of no running, and after 4 weeks, I don't see a point in any running at all. But, as of now, I have always brought up the courage again to work up to some level again.

Strange thing is, when I don't run, I loose weight, about 1 lb per week. Probably all muscle! Shocked

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Strange thing is, when I don't run, I loose weight, about 1 lb per week. Probably all muscle! Shocked

wow-that is unusual, if I don't run the lbs come back pretty quick

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

I got 15 in this evening, though none on trails. Did a progression of sorts, with:

2 @ 10:30

5 @ 10:00

5 @ 9:30

2 @ 9:00

and then a walk/ run cool down for 9:50 overall pace. The rain mostly went away, and then turned into light snow, making a pretty pleasant night out.

QOTD: I'm ok for 2 days or so, but then the guilt builds and I get a little stir crazy. I usually start cleaning like mad (way out of character), or "fixing" things in the garage. My family likes it better when I just run...

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Site is kinda slow.  Training for a bunch of ultra distance stuff between now and April.  Finished a half trail marathon this past weekend with 2500K climbing in a 1:53.  I raced my ass off.  Later in the day I did 32 miles of single track riding.  Consumed a half growler of DIPA local to help recover.  Tomorrow I have a group training for the Whiskey 50 in Prescott Az.  3 hours and 4K of climbing on mtn bikes.

ultraendure.blogspot.com