Trailer Trash

TGIFridaily (Read 31 times)

runtraildc

Hi all,  probably will get out for a few miles this afternoon, once the chores get done.  I have a 10 mile road race on Sunday, so I'm tapering, you know.  Actually, my miles have been so low all year, I'm a little worried about it.  And while you may all be rolling your eyes, please remember I'm a trail runner, not an ultra runner.  Well, I"m registered and there's no getting my money back so I'm showing up.

qotd:  Oh, loads of fun planned.  Other than the above mentioned race, tomorrow is a rain day and so Sunday will be venturing into the garage to witness first hand the carnage to our materialistic lifestyle and finish our inventory.  Contractor comes on Monday for a bid.

moonlightrunner

I have rescued gsp's and my English pointers from breed rescues. Those picnics are fun. A lot of great dogs and the wonderful people who took them in! Have a good time...I hope Lady B has some fun.

Still on the 7 mile plan as last night I ran 7 over on the trails of Monocacy Hill. Pretty decent run despite some high humidity. I can usually tell if my pace is good as the gsp is near me not dashing 100 yards out front. Of course she always has that gear to surge ahead. Think I will mix it up tonight and run 9-10 mi over at Coventry Woods. Have a perfect 7 mile loop there to keep up the streak, but want something longer tonight I think.

QOTD: Short run tomorrow, then we are going the gsp rescue picnic (the group where we got LadyB from), then maybe dinner at Victory Brewing with the obligatory growler refilling, longish run on Sunday.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

6 slow miles this am, i did a local 5k last night on spur of the moment and feeling the speed work this morning.

QOTD.  Winter a comin, time to stock up the wood shed

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and Earl the Squirrel ran 5.4 this am.  He found a hollow tree that I had a hard time dragging his head out of the hole and I praticaially had to drag him up the hill.  I guess something is living in there.

QOTD: My friend is out camping so I am going to drive up there Saturday hang out, drink beer, and spend the night.  Then Sunday I'll find some cool trail to run at least 10 miles on.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

At work since 5 a.m., but off soon.

Actually, it has been fun - it's move-in weekend at Penn State University, so there are many students (and well-meaning or worried parents) around. Some students seem more prepared for the harsh life out here than others.

E.g. I overheared the following dialog betwee two apparently new roommates:

RM1: You know, I don't even know how to cook bacon.

RM2: Oh, I think you just boil it in water, like spaghetti.

RM1: Spaghetti, is that like ramen?

LOL.

QOTD: nothing planned, just getting ready for the kids' first day of school: buying school supplies and clothes, stocking up on snacks and lunches (and ingredients), teaching the boys agai how to use the different containers and the microwave (they have one at their school), and all. Maybe a run in between to stay sane.

Jamie: RR is in the making. Procrastination seems to be an engineer skill?

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Procrastination seems to be an engineer skill?

I agree!!!! Can't rush these things.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL