Trailer Trash

60's Thursdaily (Read 21 times)

Sandy-2

NEWS FLASH:  Temps were in the low 60's this morning. It was glorious.  Did 10 miles.

qotd: What was (or is) your favorite band or song from the '60s.

For me this is a really tough question; of course there were the Beatles, Rolling Stones, but my oldest brother was a surfer bum so the California sounds of the Beach Boys and even the Mamas and Papas were big in our house. If I'd have to pick one I guess it'd have to be the Beatles.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Got in just over 6 miles this morning in 60 degrees, too. And just finished a couple of post-run molasses cookies. delicious and a good start to the day.

qotd: The one that jumped to mind was 'seasons of the sun', which made me cry as a little kid and has obviously stuck with me. However,  a quick google search put it at 1974, so perhaps it doesn't qualify. But I think it just means that I'm not old enough to answer this question. 

XtremeTaper

Our high yesterday was just barely in the 60's. No run all week. Plan to do a run/hikey thing today on the trails after work. We'll see how it goes.

Tried to talk my parents into driving up to Atlanta from north central FL to stay with my sister, but they are being stubborn and refusing to leave. I guess if they don't get out of there today, traffic and such will just get worse and worse. So I will get to worry about them all weekend. Not sure why they want to stick around, other then being afraid of the horrible traffic reported on the weather channel. I told him online traffic cam showed just about 2 hours to the GA border from their house. Probably have the worst of the traffic when they hit Atlanta.

QOTD: I was young but remember some good ones... Sky Pilot, Time, Spirit in the Sky, Susie Q, Crimson and Clover all come to mind. Me and my sis also had a lot of Monkee albums. Top40 radio back then was pretty damn good.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran a nice and easy 4 this morning. I'll pick up my long run where it went to crap on Monday tomorrow after work. 30 miles from about 6 PM to midnight or a little after. If it is cool, I'll push it a little bit. So, I may finish earlier... or later. Either way, I'll get it done. I only have 57 days to get the next three long runs in and one set of back to backs. I normally try to load up the front end of a training block with long runs and start relaxing a little too soon. At least that is what I think I do.

QOTD: Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard tie for first place.

LB2

Daydreamer1

I'm typing this while listening to Terry Jacks sing "Seasons In the Sun". Now it will be stuck in my head for days. Thanks DC.  Actually love the song and I'd be happy if it was played at my funeral or viewing.  Some people find it morbid but I don't.

Legs are sore from a long session on the elliptical last night. Not sure what today will bring other then defrosting a freezer because some unnamed idiot decided to buy one that didn't have a self defrost feature. Way back in 2002 it seemed like a good idea .  After that it's mowing grass and more tree removal as well as getting ready for vacation next week.

I was looking at doing a  long bike ride with DW but it might just end up being a run/walk.

XT - Hope your parents make out OK. Are they in good enough shape to take care of themselves if things get really bad?

QOTD:  I was always into country and like a lot of stuff out of the 60s. Stuff from Moe Bandy, Jack Greene, Buck Owens would be among my favorite stuff from that era.  The Hank Williams and Willie Nelson stuff I really never liked. Most of the singers that I can really think of right now and name would have been more from the 70s although a lot started in the 60s.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

smoke was in the orange (unhealthy for sensitive groups) so Tiny E and I hit the trails for 3-ish miles

qotd: I love old Beatles and Rolling Stones, but am going with the Doors. My iPod has a bunch of Doors on it.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

No run yet today. Waiting at office for completion of the install of our new EHR software. Hopefully get out later.

QOTD:  I'm in my mid 50's, so most of the 60's music I listened to was in the 70's.   Beatles,Crobsy Stills & Nash, Doors and all Eric Clapton's bands (Yardbirds, Blind Faith, Cream, Derek and the Dominos).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4.5 this morning...man it's hard to get out of bed when it's cool and dark.  I was actually chilled before I left and it made me think about you guys wishing for fall; I'm not ready yet.  So I headed into the woods and Jack got very excited, then I saw the trash followed by a fresh, but not steaming,  pile of bear shit.  It's trash day so when I popped out of the woods he had made quit a mess.  I was hoping to see him but never did.

QOTD: Led Zeppelin..followed closely by Neil Young and Crazy Horse, and the Doors...oh wait Janis Joplin and Jefferson Airplane too.  I didn't listen to this music in the 60s but started to listen to it in the 90s when I went to college.  Not as young as DC but in the 60's I was playing patty cakes...ok I listen to whatever Mom listen to; Blood Sweat and Tears, Three Dog Night, Sonny and Cher, Jesus Crist Super Star the musical and Fiddler on the Roof. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

11.3 miles on the riverfront path. It was 55° and rainy yesterday and all the smokers and huddled up under umbrellas looked at me like I was crazy!

QOTD  I would say the song stand by me by Ben E King.