Trailer Trash

Cold Front Fridailies (Read 16 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am signed up.     hope you guys come.  We have 5 people from here coming and we will be getting a air BNB a house.  You are welcomed to join.

Did you sign up for Wy'East yet?

Think we might try to make that, just waiting on DD#1 to get back to us with being OK coming out in June.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I am signed up.     hope you guys come.  We have 5 people from here coming and we will be getting a air BNB a house.  You are welcomed to join.

03/09/18 Antelope Canyon 55K

06/15/18 Wy'East Wonder 50 Miler

Are those supposed to be 2019 dates?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

whoops...not too tidy was I. 

Are those supposed to be 2019 dates?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

He's married and middle age...no one is looking at him. 

Bingo!  I fully expect to look like a clown tonight. 

AT - If I can shed a few more pounds, I think Sandy can fit me into his luggage.  Totally worth it to go the places he does.

runtrail - Thanks for the suggestion on Ivarest!  I got some from the drug store today.  Will mask up tonight and scare the cat and dog.... and DW.  You should have nice weather to enjoy this weekend.

XT - You're lucky not to suffer from allergies.  Bit as far as I'm aware, an allergic reaction is a sign of your immune system working well.... or going haywire.  Not sure which.

dhuffman - Sorry to hear about the peanuts and shrimp.  Those would be tough for me to give up.  Looks like you're up next (race) next weekend.  Taper well!

warden - Wow, that crud hung around for quite a while.  Glad to hear DW is all good and you're almost there.  That second pic of the Elkhorns looks like you were almost touching the clouds.  Very cool!  I'm guessing you've sighting in your rifle for elk season.  Whatcha using?  At what distance to you zero it in?  We don't have any elk around here, but I picked up a Browning BLR 81 a year or so ago, as it was listed as one of the best elk rifles by Outdoor Life.  Got it in a .308 caliber.  I love it because it looks so throwback Western (lever action, wood stock) and it's definitely "lightweight", as I feel like I'm carrying a .22 rifle.  I sighted in the iron sights at 50 yards, and I don't think I'll put a scope on it, because I think it looks too pretty on its own. 

Sue - Glad to hear Jack is running well.  Good luck on your next race, but I can't find Retirement on the ultrasignup.  And yeah, I'm falling apart this week.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not much running this week yet.  I feel ok just been busy.  But I need to get out there.  I am going a little crazy and the weather is now perfect running weather.

I started PT last week - had 4 appts already.  PT said my lower back (lumbar) is as stiff as a board.  I guess that's a bad thing.    I still have pain shooting down my leg but the lower back is starting to loosen up....slightly.  MRI is scheduled for early Monday morning.  I still plan to run Stone Mill  next month so screw the back/leg issue!!!

QOTD: No allergic reactions that I am aware of.  Certain foods I have to stay away from that affect my GI but not sure it's an allergic reaction.

Have a great weekend!  For once, I have no plans.  Maybe I can get some stuff done around the house.  Or bag it and get out for a nice trail run.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bert- yup deer/elk; it's a .30-06 Winchester Featherweight (gorgeous rifle) topped w/ a straight 6 Leupold- using Nosler 165 grain Accubonds; I sight in @ 1.75" high at a 100- zero at 200 yards and -7.5" at 300 yards

BLR is a pretty rifle too Smile  .308 would do just fine in Montana (that's what Dave used on his bison)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

4 easy miles today, not too much coughing/snot, I think I’m back in action!

QOTD: no allergies that I know of. I don’t even react to poison oak, which is good since it’s pretty prevalent around here. Not sure about poison ivy, don’t think I’ve ever seen it.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easing back into some speed work with 6 x 400m today.

qotd: seasonal allergies to various grasses and pollen, poison ivy, bees and wasps, also react strongly to mosquito bites. Fortunately no food allergies that I'm aware of.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.